Which account?

Any day now my loan and grant will pop into DH and I joint account. My plan is to move it over to a single account so I can use it soley for materials etc etc.

As DH is supporting me I have no need for an overdraft etc so Im looking for an account on a material basis....who's giving away the best thing lol. I fancied the railcard, but Im 33 and never travel on trains anyway!!

Who's offering what lately?

Comments

• Purely on freebies and bits, Lloyds TSB seem to be giving away a lot - NUS Extra card, YHA membership, music downloads, Mobile phone insurance... There's also a bonus of up to £75 if you don't go into the overdraft.
    **"Cheer up, it could get worse" - I cheered up, and look, it got worse!**
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Just looking at that one now :)

Im wondering whether it may be better for me to just avoid the student accounts altogether?
    All I need is the ability to withdraw money at cashpoints and a chequebook. I dont need overdrafts etc
    Do you think a normal current account would be better?
  • Your choice - the nice thing with the student accounts is that, assuming the overdraft is all ok'd, if you do have to dip into it, it's not going to cost you. I'll be keeping my "proper" bank account (Nationwide FlexAccount) and leaving all my DD's there - it was far too much like hardwork to change them all to a different bank account! But I'll also be picking up a student account (which I really should take the plunge and do - it's all very well printing off reams of info but that's no use if I don't actually sign up for one at some point!), to run my day-to-day spending from. Just depends what you want from it all :)
    **"Cheer up, it could get worse" - I cheered up, and look, it got worse!**
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I guess the overdraft facility could come in usefull in the long run. Hmmmmmm

Far too much confusion for my little brain!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure