PIP & Assessment Advice

Options
I suffer from MS and have just sent my application for PIP with support letter from my MS nurse and a care plan from my social worker.I phoned the DWP earlier this week for an update to be told that they did not want to see me for an assessment ! I thought everyone had a face to face assessment now.Has anyone been through the PIP process recently and what was your experience of this ?i am quite worried now as I have not been invited for an assessment.
Thanks for reading this and any advice of the PIP process is much appreciated.

Comments

• ClaraPetal
    Options
    I have heard stories of some people not needing face to face assessment, usually the DWP go off the medical evidence submitted. I am awaiting a decision for a relative, and I am hoping given the evidence submitted they will not need to undergo the assessment.

Congratulations on being awarded PIP!
  • surveyqueenuk
    Options
    It sounds like you've provided a lot of information on application and it might be the case that they simply don't need any more evidence. I certainly hope so anyway!

Remember that all we really see here are PIP horror stories - nobody needs advice when things go well after all! So, from a fellow JD fan, try not to worry as it's likely things will be OK : )
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ClaraPetal wrote: »
    I have heard stories of some people not needing face to face assessment, usually the DWP go off the medical evidence submitted. I am awaiting a decision for a relative, and I am hoping given the evidence submitted they will not need to undergo the assessment.

Congratulations on being awarded PIP!
    No award has been given yet. Hopefully it's a good sign that no assessment is needed because it has happened to some people. Leave it a week and give DWP another call to see if a decision has been made.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure