When will I get paid after ESA receive my Fit Note

Options
Applied for ESA back before Christmas but due to GP waiting times at my surgery I didn't see a Dr to get my fit note until Monday. Had my fit note faxed to ESA from my local job centre Tuesday and confirmed over the phone with ESA that they received it yesterday morning but they didn't tell me how long it would take until I get paid (assessment rate). I wrote my mobile number on the fit note like job centre asked so they could text me with the information but no text. Does anyone know when it will be that I'd get paid?

When I was on IS earlier this year I got paid on a Monday so I assume it will still be on a Monday that I'd get paid on ESA, but any help with this will be appreciated.

Comments

• jak
    jak Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I get my esa on a Thursday. It took about a week after they got my fit note to send me a medical form then after I sent that back, I got a payment about a week later. That was over a year ago tho. Why don't you call them to check they have received it and ask about payment then? X
    2022 Comp total (prizes + free spins): £494.81 #20 £12 a day Jan: £382.95/£372 #57 360 1p challenge: £17.70 £10 a day Feb: £571.09/£280 March: £311.96/£310
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,071 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Everyone is different and we can't tell you how long payment will take. The best thing you can do is leave it till begining of next week and ring again asking when you'll recieve payment.
  • emmsie123
    emmsie123 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    I applied on the Thur and got paid following Fri. They wouldn't even have got sick note by then
    You might want to ring tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport