Kitten Spaying Question

Options
I have just booked my two girls in for when I get back from my hols when they are old enough.

I am a little confused and thought I would ask anyone here if they knew before I phoned back and sounded like a prat haha.

The receptionist said they needed a pre-op check first. Now, the appointment I made, will they be pre-op checked then go straight down to get spayed or will have I have to go back out and make another appointment. Not sure what the pre-op is actually for. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
:xmastree: :snow_laug Christmas Nutter :snow_laug:xmastree:

Comments

• Sharra
    Sharra Posts: 751 Forumite
    Options
    I think they would usually check them on the morning they are booked in for the op, its to check they are ok for the anaesthetic. If they have told you to make sure they don't eat that morning then thats definitely what they do.
    If you are worried, call the receptionist and ask, they would rather you called to clarify as thats what they are there for.
  • Dani85
    Dani85 Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Sharra :)
    :xmastree: :snow_laug Christmas Nutter :snow_laug:xmastree:
  • nealallen
    nealallen Posts: 2,605 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, it's just a check before they go for the operation. They wil be fine :D
    Please do not feed the Trolls!
  • xLolahx
    xLolahx Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    When I got my cats done at the RSPCA they had there pre-op check the same day as the operation. They just check to make sure everything is fine with cat and to see if there pregnant! Hope that helped.
    :hello:
  • WeirdoMagnet
    WeirdoMagnet Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maybe it's different for dogs and cats, but when we had our dog done, the pre-op check was a couple of weeks before, and they did a general check, checked when she was last in season (for dogs they should be spayed 3 months after the last season when blood flow to the uterus is at a minimum), explained the procedure and recovery to us, and gave us a leaflet about having some optional blood tests and recovery. The they booked us in for the spay - obviously we made sure that the actual op date and 2-ish weeks recovery didn't clash with any other dates etc.

HTH,

Georgie
    "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure