CCA help

Options
12346»

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Thankyou for you request under S78of the CCA (1974). Unfortuntely we are currently unable to comply with your request.
    For as long as this continues, any debt outstanding remains unenforceable. we will not issue court proceedings against you to recover the amount owed by you either now or in the future.
    However you should continue to make payments to your account if you have an outstanding balance. This is because your debt continues to existand has not been extinguished, so you continue to have an obligation to pay us.

Not often you see MBNA admit that.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    last week we had 2 general letters and 8 pages of t&c. today 2 letters. Card 1enforceable and card 2 (the larger one) saying its unenforceable but would we still pay!

The letter says

Thankyou for you request under S78of the CCA (1974). Unfortuntely we are currently unable to comply with your request.
    For as long as this continues, any debt outstanding remains unenforceable. we will not issue court proceedings against you to recover the amount owed by you either now or in the future.
    However you should continue to make payments to your account if you have an outstanding balance. This is because your debt continues to existand has not been extinguished, so you continue to have an obligation to pay us.

and then it says they can contact us to request payment and report us to the CRA's

Oh brilliant :) Can I ask how long you had to wait for that response? We sent response to the first letter (the one that had 8 pages of T&Cs) at end of December and still no response.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Little_Miss_Sunshine
    Options
    Oh brilliant :) Can I ask how long you had to wait for that response? We sent response to the first letter (the one that had 8 pages of T&Cs) at end of December and still no response.
    I sent the request off around the 5th January - I have no idea why theyve come back so quickly and yours havent
    LBM 2/12/15 - total debt £62500:shocked::shocked::exclamati::eek:
    2/216 £29500 unenforceable.
    DMP - 1/9/16
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I sent the request off around the 5th January - I have no idea why theyve come back so quickly and yours havent

Thank you :)

No problem - I continue to live in anticipation of good news dropping through our letterbox in the near future :D
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Little_Miss_Sunshine
    Options
    Thank you :)

No problem - I continue to live in anticipation of good news dropping through our letterbox in the near future :D

I'm keeping everything crossed for you
    LBM 2/12/15 - total debt £62500:shocked::shocked::exclamati::eek:
    2/216 £29500 unenforceable.
    DMP - 1/9/16
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business