Skinny Latte's Mortgage Mugging

Options

Comments

• Mum_and_Wife
    Options
    Hi ive just spent the last four days reading both your diaries from start to finish. You are amazing and cannot wait to read more x
  • Skinnylatte
    Skinnylatte Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Hi ive just spent the last four days reading both your diaries from start to finish. You are amazing and cannot wait to read more x
    Really?? You read BOTH of them? Well I'm very humbled really, how long did it actually take? Thank you!

So today I got through my to do list before I left. Which included returning a purchase that made before I restarted this diary. :A

I sold a camera on fleabay for £185 :j It was a birthday gift from my ex, I never used it anyway, I prefer taking piccys with my iphone. Only problem is I forgot it ended tonight and I'm now away until Wednesday evening, I'll have to write a sob story and send it when I get back.

I spent £1.59 on a coffee today, I was only 15 miles from home so I don't feel I can expense it!! (tho I still might). I drove 252 miles today @45p so £113 travel to claim :T

I passed by The Kelpies at Falkirk and stopped to take a look, they are truly awesome. If you're ever near Falkirk you should go and see them. It's free, and if you park at the Helix carpark that's free too!

I have £170.58 in my Monzo account til the end of the month, thats £8.98 a day.
    Pay off Car Loan £17,047 £10580 by Christmas 2022

Mortgage 1 @ 23/03/2019 [STRIKE]£101297[/STRIKE]
    £84457 16.6% DI [STRIKE]£6.95[/STRIKE] £6.15
    Mortgage 2 @ 12/04/2015 [STRIKE]£136121[/STRIKE]
    £100,546 26.1
    % DI [STRIKE]£9.13[/STRIKE] £6.07
    1st LBM 02/06/2013 £[STRIKE]21595[/STRIKE] Debt Free Day 27/03/2015

• Skinnylatte
    Options
    No spend day, well not intentionally any way. For some reason Amazon have charged my £3.99 for a music subscription, which I haven't ordered. I'll be on the phone when I get home. I've also spotted a withdrawal from my bank account marked 'sundries' no idea what that is either so I'll be investigating that further.

£170.58 left until the end of the month that's £9.48 a day.

£100,546 26.1

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    All sounds like things are going well Skinny. Excellent result on the camera sale as well.

Re the watch - I think some watches do hold their price - Rolex, for example. There's a jeweller near where I work who sells second hand Rolexes - some are quite expensive too!:eek: worth investigating further if he has set his heart on a particular brand.

Hope you get to the bottom of the mysterious bank debit.
    x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Skinnylatte
    Options
    All sounds like things are going well Skinny. Excellent result on the camera sale as well.

Re the watch - I think some watches do hold their price - Rolex, for example. There's a jeweller near where I work who sells second hand Rolexes - some are quite expensive too!:eek: worth investigating further if he has set his heart on a particular brand.

Hope you get to the bottom of the mysterious bank debit.
    x

Thank you for stopping by. It's gone quiet on the watch front, his birthday is December, so I'll keep my eye out on Ebay for any bargains. I have a Rolex that I got from Bangkok, I wonder if he'd fancy that :rotfl:

Another no spend day, due to working away. £170.58 left until the end of the month that's £10.03 a day.

I'll need to do a shop tomorrow, so will meal plan properly like a good girl before I go! I'm home now, so quite a list to do as well as getting my reports written up from this week.
    DS girlfriend is staying tomorrow so I'll do a nice tea.

Mortgage mugging list
    1. Post camera.
    2. Submit expenses.
    3. Phone Amazon about the £3.99 for Amazon music.
    4. Phone Nationwide re the spurious 'Sundries' withdrawal.
    5. Take ID to TSB to reactive my old account for matched betting.
    6. Meal plan
    7. Shop
    8. Have a root round for something else to go on Fleabay.

£20.03 cash back received from Barclaycard, and already winging it's way to the mortgage.

I'm trying to be strict with my self this week and switch off the screens for 9:30 and ready for bed by 10. I slept sooo well last night, although did wake up in the early hours with a dead leg that I had to drag to the loo!!

So goodnight all, sleep well. :)

£100,546 26.1

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    Thank you for stopping by. It's gone quiet on the watch front, his birthday is December, so I'll keep my eye out on Ebay for any bargains. I have a Rolex that I got from Bangkok, I wonder if he'd fancy that :rotfl:
    :)

Years ago my boss at that time brought me one back from Hong Kong. It actually looked identical to the real v. expensive version. The only way you could tell it was a fake when I was wearing it was because the second hand ticked on mine whilst the real version's swooshed away! I was quite miffed when after a few months of continual wear my wrist started to turn a funny shade of green.....:D
    🌟
  • Skinnylatte
    Options
    Years ago my boss at that time brought me one back from Hong Kong. It actually looked identical to the real v. expensive version. The only way you could tell it was a fake when I was wearing it was because the second hand ticked on mine whilst the real version's swooshed away! I was quite miffed when after a few months of continual wear my wrist started to turn a funny shade of green.....:D
    :rotfl::rotfl: My 'Rolex' must be 20 years old at least. Apart from the 'gold' being a little tarnished it looks great. The battery has gone though, so I just wear it for special occasions! (I really should get it fixed!)

No too bad a day yesterday (money wise)

[STRIKE]Post camera. [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Submit expenses.
    [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Phone Amazon about the £3.99 for Amazon music.
    [/STRIKE] Apparently I subscribed to a free trial (did I???) any way they've cancelled and refunded it.
    [STRIKE]Phone Nationwide re the spurious 'Sundries' withdrawal.
    [/STRIKE] Apparently it's a cheque that didn't clear. It was a goodwill payment from the Volvo dealer after my last service so no idea why it didn't clear. Anyway the man on the phone couldn't get through to the write department and suggested I called back or went into the branch. I'll pop into branch today.
    Take ID to TSB to reactive my old account for matched betting. Will do this today.
    Meal plan Will do this today.
    [STRIKE]Shop[/STRIKE]
    Have a root round for something else to go on Fleabay. Will do this today.

Something bad happened yesterday which has really thrown me. I'll need to go back a bit and explain some stuff.

DD was always a highly sensitive child and had a real roller coaster of a life. Culminating in mixing with the wrong people, drink, drugs and a lot of mental health issues. To say its been tough for all involved is an understatement. Last summer behaviour was so bad that I refused to have anything more to do with her (aged 21 at this point so not exactly a child any more). I couldn't find a way to change the behaviour, I wasn't going to tolerate it any more and the only thing I could think of to do was remove my self from the situation. A very tough decision to make (and uphold).
    I don't know much of what happened during that time, and I don't know that I want to, I understand they were very dark times. But sometimes you need to hit rock bottom, before you take control of your own actions and act differently; and that is precisely what happened. She blagged her way on to an access course last September, passed everything with distinction and won student of the year. Resulting in 3 University offers to study nursing.
    We started talking again in February, it was quite an emotional meeting, we've continued to meet on good terms since. I went to one of the Uni open days with her, and attended the awards ceremony last month for student of the year. I'm so proud of what she's achieved in the last year, but even more, so immensely relieved that she'd found a way through and turned her life around.
    Anyway yesterday she came to tell me that in January she'd been stopped for drink driving and lost her licence in April. As a result has failed 2 of the DBS checks for Uni and her offers have been withdrawn. 1 Uni has still to complete the DBS checks, and she doesn't know if they will withdraw the place or not. We can only wait and see.
    I am angry, disappointed and sad, rolled into one, both for her and me. It's a real shock and I'm a bit all over the place at the moment.

I'm working from home today, but not much to do so I'll make it an easy day. Need to do a bit of shopping for work, fill up the car and off with DD to see a friend of hers who's just had her 2nd baby (at least she's not pregnant!!)

£143.09 left until the end of the month that's £9.54 a day.

£100,546 26.1

• Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 August 2019 at 1:19PM
    Options
    That must be hard for you, and your DD after trying to turn things around. My niece has been very difficult for my sister since aged 14, she now almost 25... has stopped drinking for 3 months. I could not have coped with what my sister has. I barely engage with my niece these days as I was so cross. Luckily we live a long distance from each other so my 'distance' is not noticed so much.

I hopefully when the shock has worn off for you, things will be easier... ultimately her decision has had a massive consequence. It is a shame how one mistake can have such an impact. Are there other subjects she is interested in which don't require DBS?

My oldest had a daughter at 19, I couldn't speak about her pregnancy until she was 6 months gone I was so upset. It has made my DD1 grow up more quickly than she should have, but she works hard ( and she doesn't go to big nights out much ;) ) It's not so bad being a youngish grandparent, although I dread her having another :rotfl:
    Best wishes

ETA well done on Airbnb
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    I'm very sorry to read about your daughter skinny - both of you must be so upset. It's such a shame after she bounced back and did so well on her course. Does she have a back up plan? - to get the award she must be very bright so hopefully there is something else she can aim for without needing the DBS if the last placement falls through.

Try not to worry (though easier said than done I know).
    x
    🌟
  • Skinnylatte
    Options
    Thank you for your comments Moneyfordreams and Seasidegal58.
    It's a nursing degree, she's worked as HCA for the NHS for the last 4 years, and still does. In fact she's working a night shift in A&E tonight. So it's a bit ridiculous that they're happy for her to work with her conviction but not undergo a 4 year degree. She has her heart set on being a nurse so it has to be that degree really. The alternative is to re apply next year I guess. Today I just feel disappointed.
    Moneyfordreams, when she came round and said "I've got something to tell you", my immediate reaction was "you're not pregnant are you!!"

Today I went into TSB to reactivate my account, tho it seems it was just a savings account, I had 33p in it plus 1p interest, so got 34p when I closed it :rotfl:
    I do need an extra account though for matched betting, I didn't really want to open yet a another account, as that would mean more credit checks. Looks like I may have to though, as I want to keep it all seperate.

I listed some stuff on ebay, if it all sells it should be a minimum of £35. (Got a bid of £9.99 already yay).
    I also had a play around with the new Santander account online, which looks quite good. I can set up savings goals. Also get 15% back on Costa, I drink a lot of those when I'm on the road on expenses. :D

Spent on a new baby card and some cake, on account of going to see my friends DD new baby. Plus bought a ticket for a talk given by a woman cyclist. I'm off to the Lakes in September for a girly weekend cycling festival.

That's about it for today. I've got a long cycle tomorrow, with at leat 2 if not 3 coffee and cake stops, so won't be a no spend day! Although I will take some sarnies with me so I don't have to spend on a full lunch.

£100,546 26.1

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing