Chronic sickness and diarrhoea in cat

Options
2»

Comments

• maxheadroom
    Options
    One of ours 11 was put down a few weeks ago as had intestinal lymphoma - ongoing diarrhoea (occasionally bloody) despite changing diets (the prescription diet did help a bit) and steroids helped a little but in the end had lost a lot of weight and was getting worse. Apparently most common in cats 9-13.

http://manhattancats.com/Articles/Gastrointestinal_Lymphoma_in_Cats.html
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Thanks maxheadroom, I'm not sure this is what it is in her case, the vets have never suggested cancer (though they have felt for lumps etc, none being found). There has never been any blood and she hasn't lost her appetite. It's one to bear in mind though, so thanks for the link.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Mrs_Z
    Mrs_Z Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi there, I can't actually offer any advice or experience as such but I get the feeling that you have tried everything humanely possible and nothing seems to be working as far as her diet is concerned. It might be worth just concentrating giving her the food that she likes best and accept that you'll be clearing up afterwards. At least that way, she will be eating and getting some nutrients into her body. I was just wondering if it could be some kind of a hormonal imbalance or digestive enzyme that is not working as well as it should and could be just due to an old age. Wish you all the best,
  • Shoshannah
    Options
    IBD needs to be ruled out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills