Payplan DMP Review soon .will they freak out when they see I have overdraft??

Options
Happy new year everyone .
I just received email regarding the above . This year, ( my worst ever) was particularly tough for me financially . The main reason I have an overdraft ( as high as £1100 at some stages last year ) is because my mum passed away. She lived in Ireland .
I had to go over a couple of times last year , and for the funeral in October .

I have managed to get the overdraft down to around £700, but am worried that Payplan will dump me and my troubles get worse.
I pay just over £100 p.m. To Payplan religiously .

Another thing happened to me . Silly as it may sound , transport for London messed up my season ticket renewal ( Oyster card).
Because ticket offices no longer exist , and the company I work for give me a cheque. The cheque took a few days to clear( nationwide).
Combine that , with the fact that the ticket never registered for a couple of days due to machines not working properly, I was paying full fare for a few days out of my own pocket
( My season ticket expires at a later date next year, and I got £5 compensation )

Two other things briefly ; Payplan want the information posted to them , a change from myself and my case officer just talking .
There is nowhere to hide when they see my statements.

Also I almost got a remortgage with Reach financial Services.
I failed the affordability criteria , but part of the deal with the possible remortgage was to clear Payplan and Reach Financial asked Payplan for settlement figure .

I understand that the terms and conditions have to change and Payplan have to change their approach.
Am I over worrying ?
I would like to stay with Payplan .

Please advise

Thanks

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,
    Ok, payplan, as you know, are a free debt advice service, there is no formal contract for a DMP, I doubt it's nothing they havent seen before.

You have managed to explain your actions to this forum, just do the same to them, if asked.
    Worst case scenario, they refuse to act further for you (unlikely in my opinion) you just go self managed, or pop over to stepchange.

There's no need to panic, your in charge here, no one else.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks Sourcrates. ;)

When my mothers house is sold , I'll probably get about £7,000'max
    ( I'm the youngest of 6). Tipperary in Eire , euros etc.
    It will probably take about 18 months or so .

I'll clear overdraft for good once cash is received, and pay additional amounts to Payplan if I'm still with them. They can see then that I'm trying harder. Cheers ;)
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 December 2015 at 2:53PM
    Options
    One other thing;Do i tell Payplan about my myasthenia gravis. Had it almost 2 years. Down to 1 steroid( prednisolone) & a few blood tablets .By mid Jan , hopefully off of it altogether .
    I am on a final written warning for shouting at my boss, but things seem to have smoothed over.
    My condition is improving . Just overweight and breathless. A few aches ( probably because of the steroid reduction ) .Other than that, fine .
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Should I tell Payplan about my health situation if asked ?
  • sourcrates
    Options
    Should I tell Payplan about my health situation if asked ?

Hi,

You can do, it's not really specific to your debt situation, but should be taken into consideration by your creditors.

So I would say yes, do so.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks sourcrates;) I was paying a fair amount for prescriptions for over a year. I heard through word of mouth abou free prescriptions as I now have a disability .
    I don't want Payplan to jump to panic mode and think I can't work anymore or anything like that .
  • sourcrates
    edited 2 January 2016 at 6:39PM
    Options
    Thanks sourcrates;) I was paying a fair amount for prescriptions for over a year. I heard through word of mouth abou free prescriptions as I now have a disability .
    I don't want Payplan to jump to panic mode and think I can't work anymore or anything like that .

You know you can get a pre-pay certificate from the NHS ?

I think it's about £104 a year, and you can pay monthly by DD.

You can get unlimited prescriptions using this method.

If you need a lot of prescription medicine, it saves a hell of a lot of money.

You can only get free scripts under certain circumstances, details here :

http://www.nhs.uk/Planners/Yourhealth/Pages/Prescriptioncosts.aspx

There is also the NHS low income scheme, details are in above link.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks again Sourcrates . I didn't explain myself properly. I should've said that I am now exempt from paying prescriptions ;)
    I eventually received card a few months ago. I have to re apply in 5 years. Iirc to renew it ;)
  • dancingfairy
    dancingfairy Posts: 9,069 Forumite
    Options
    Payplan provide a general service, they are there to act as an intermediary between you and your creditors. It probably would have been better to keep payplan informed if you had extra costs and ask for your plan to be reviewed or suspended during the tough times but its not the end of the world.
    You really are over thinking this. If payplan decide to kick you off then there is stepchange, or your local cab, or you can arrange your own plan.
    With regards to the illness it would help to tell payplan if it means incurring extra costs in the budget or is impacting your ability to repay your debt,
    Please try not to over worry ( easier said than done, I know).df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks df.
    I like to keep things straight forward,and by not missing a payment , not upsetting my creditors. I'll try not to worry too much ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure