Marking threads as read!

Options
I'm sure I've complained about this problem on more than occasion previously, but now it's back again and driving me insane!

Threads are not automatically being marked as read, nor being updated with new posts as a result. Logging out and clearing cache has absolutely no effect other than to cause inconvenience when attempting to log back in as the site fails to recognise you!

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have this annoying problem sometimes too.
    Normally, clearing moneysavingexpert cookies (not cache) helps.
  • fierystormcloud
    Options
    That has just started happening to me! A thread looking unread! I know I have read it, so it's not a huge issue, but it's still odd.
    cooeeeeeeeee :j :wave:
  • Mandelbrot
    Mandelbrot Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Up to a couple of years ago, it seemed to work (more or less) as it should for me. A couple of issues, but general a useful facility.
    But it then became very hit-and-miss.

I think I mentioned it at the time (probably on this board) but nothing came of it, so I now regard this part of the system as yet another problem that MSE Towers has decided it wants to ignore.

Their site, their choice.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2016 at 11:29AM
    Options
    I'm glad it's not just me. It's driving me nuts but it seems the IT team are more fixated on giving badges to people than running a professional forum.

This place has seriously gone to pot since Martin left the helm.

I've actually been here since 2004 (under a different user name) so have seen the changes as the site has grown. I got banned for something so trivial that would have been joked about 10 years ago. I'll probably get banned now for admitting this but who cares, I can rejoin again with a new username.

It no longer matters because we no longer know who we are. The community we once had here is long gone.
  • Rubidium
    Rubidium Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    I'm glad it's not just me. It's driving me nuts but it seems the IT team are more fixated on giving badges to people than running a professional forum.

This place has seriously gone to pot since Martin left the helm.

I've actually been here since 2004 (under a different user name) so have seen the changes as the site has grown. I got banned for something so trivial that would have been joked about 10 years ago. I'll probably get banned now for admitting this but who cares, I can rejoin again with a new username.

It no longer matters because we no longer know who we are. The community we once had here is long gone.

You seem to have missed the fact that what started as a very well supported money saving forum is now simply part of a large money making site for the new owners. The forum team obviously do not now have the necessary resources to fix annoying bugs, edit basic errors and implement improvements suggested by it's users. The dedicated team who understood how to run the modified/enhanced forum platform and progressively develop forum features without causing additional bugs have long since gone and the sole aim now is generating income for MoneySupermarket with the least expense possible.

Spot the very unprofessional error:

10xbio4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family