Not due JSA payment until 29th - shown in account as available?

Options
Wondering if anyone can help.

I am normally paid JSA fortnightly every Tuesday. My next scheduled payment into my account was Tuesday 29th December (my last payment received was Tuesday 15th).

However, I've checked my bank account today and my AVAILABLE balance is shown as my JSA payment amount (£146). The payment date is shown as '29 DEC' (i.e. in the future, this Tuesday coming).

I have checked at an ATM and it also shows as AVAILABLE funds £146 (£140 available to withdraw).

I know Monday is a bank holiday, but Tuesday 29th is a normal working day so my JSA payment shouldn't have been affected.

Can I/should I withdraw/use the funds if I need to now? Or should I play it safe and just wait until the 29th?

Thanks

Comments

• Londonsu
    Londonsu Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    Options
    I think the payments hit the bank at 12 midnight on the payment day so it would have to be processed before that on the Monday 28th so would be correct that money was processed before that date.

My Husband gets his pension on Mondays his pension was actually paid into his bank on Wednesday and was available on that date.

If you don't need the money until Tuesday don't draw it out if it makes you feel better, but if its showing in your bank account as funds available then I don't think you will have a problem, but you need to bear in mind (which I am sure you already have) it will be a long time until your next payment so you will need to make the money stretch out until then
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,590 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    The money is available, as your ATM says. It's down to the bank to decide when the funds actually become available, and your's has clearly decided that is now.
    If you need the money then use it, but don't forget that your next payment will not be until the normal due date. You can't go back to JSA and say you want more because it was in your account early.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I too have had some money paid in over the weekend that wouldn't normally hit the bank til Tuesday. I can spend it.., but one always has to remember it still needs to last til the next normal payment date.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,590 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    You might be surprised how often calls are received from people saying they've spent it because it was paid early due to Bank Holidays. They then seem very shocked that DWP won't give them more!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure