We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O/S Daily Friday 18th December 2015

2»

Comments

  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,331 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Afternoon all,

    Slowly getting organised for next week, few things still to get, finding it easier to do small shops than do the whole lot in one hit.....I get tired/fed up and lose my temper and go home to ignore the whole thing!

    TA....how do you keep going? Your daily life is very valuable to many people, you shouldbe very proud of yourself.

    The same goes for you Judi, you seem to be sidestepping difficult people in your life at every turn.

    Ruby...thanks for tip on freezing cauliflower cheese, I will be freezing my stuffing too in the next few days, as I now only have one oven so need to use it as effeciently as possible.

    Csarina...you are constantly on my mind......mail me if at any time you need to cry, rant, or just talk. Please take care of your own health as much as you can.....prayers and much love to you, wish that I could give you a big hug.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend

    Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • We went this afternoon to say goodbye to Nicholas before he goes to the undertaker. My husband, daughter and granddaughter came with us and we met Lauren and Amanda at the hospital.

    We know now that Nicholas knew nothing of what happened it was so quick in his sleep. He had a massive double haemorrhage. I am glad he did not suffer. He looked so peaceful. I am now able to accept that I will never see him again. It is hard, but thats the way it will be.

    Thank you all for your messages, they mean so much to us. We now have to face the funeral after Christmas.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,240 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Csarina (((HUG)))
    Sleep well, Nicholas.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    csarina. Thinking of you and your family , so awful , thankfully he knew nothing about it , please take care and look after yourself xx

    redruby wrote: »
    Yes I will freeze it and get it out Christmas eve, doesn't go watery at all, make a nice thick cheese sauce and you should be fine xx

    thankyou I will make mine tomorrow now it will be so much easier on Xmas day

    I've pre cooked my Boxing Day gammon , it's all sliced and ready to freeze , I'm thinking of precooking the roasties too after watching 'eat well for less' last night

    Right off to make pasta for tea x
  • Been MIA for a few days and have just heard of csarinas devastating news. Thinking of you and the family xxx
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    sistercas wrote: »
    csarina. Thinking of you and your family , so awful , thankfully he knew nothing about it , please take care and look after yourself xx




    thankyou I will make mine tomorrow now it will be so much easier on Xmas day

    I've pre cooked my Boxing Day gammon , it's all sliced and ready to freeze , I'm thinking of precooking the roasties too after watching 'eat well for less' last night

    Right off to make pasta for tea x






    When I do the xmas dinners for work I par boil the spuds and roast off till they are just changing colour, I then let the tray cool and then cover and put the whole tray in the freezer (same with parsnips) on the morning just take tray out and pop in oven :D
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Csarina, how heart breaking for you all, RIP Nicholas xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,486 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Csarina, so glad to hear that your son didnt suffer in his final moments. Such a lovely way to go but no parent should outlive a child.... ever. RIP Nicholas.

    Grandson went home at 6. Love him to bits but so glad to hand him over to his Daddy. I gave him some paracetamol syrup at 2pm and thats the last time i do that! Ibruprofen syrup from now on. He was turbo charged in between periods of being ill.

    The men are home and have broken up for Christmas. Hubby is mithering about his car. Youngest has just left the building.:D

    I'm off down to Moms to see how she is. She will probably be asleep this time of night but at least i'll get to see the night staff and see how she's been sleeping at night.

    Have a good evening all.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    redruby wrote: »
    When I do the xmas dinners for work I par boil the spuds and roast off till they are just changing colour, I then let the tray cool and then cover and put the whole tray in the freezer (same with parsnips) on the morning just take tray out and pop in oven :D

    Thankyou I will definitely do that xx
  • First chance to get back on here today - busy day and so tired by tonight I fell asleep on the sofa. Mr TA now gone to bed leaving me here with a large wine (reliving my younger days and watching Queen on BBC4) and I'll follow shortly.

    CSARINA I'm glad you have got some answers and you now know that Nicholas went peacefully and didn't suffer. But it doesn't alter the fact that he went too soon. RIP Nicholas and CSARINA look after yourself if you can. xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.