Limited company again - sorry!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Small Biz & Charities' MoneySaving
1 reply 379 views
aeuerbyaeuerby Forumite
782 Posts
I'm sure this has been covered in depth somewher but I am after some one to point me in the right direction.

Hubby is currently a self employed sole trader.
he has just been offered a contract job which the agency has said the pay will only go to a limited company - which I gather is normal.

So the obvious questions are how on earth do we go about registering as a LTD company or would it be better to use an umbrella deely thing wotsit!?

Does anyone know of any webites that can help us with advice on this please?
If you need to know more information about the situation please let me know.

Thanks in advance.


  • hi there,

    the best is to use an umbrella company...the one i used was no longer ltd. they charge 10 pounds a week but they dont ask for reciepts when claiming petrol and dinner/food e.t.c.

    the only thime it would be beneficial for him to use a ltd company underr his name was if he was earning more than say 50k pa.....

    if u need any tips/help regarding this then let me know and il explain all to you - just pm me!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals