We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheapest way to access VCTs (and EIS)

Options
2»

Comments

• bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    Morphoton wrote: »
    I cannot comment on others but several discount brokers do offer discounts as well. IMHO it may be more advantageous to go with a discount broker than direct to the VCT provider.
    Yes it's nearly always better to go via a discount shop / intermediary to get your hands on the initial discount as well as a good chunk of trail. When you're later making another investment in the same VCT(or another fund from same manager) and the manager offers extra 'existing customer loyalty' discounts, they're not contingent on you having bought the VCTs direct from them, just on you being a holder however you bought it. So I haven't bought direct.

Like tg99 and darren I've used clubfinance but have never tried Cavendish or ii. My trail payments aren't huge. Obviously if they are offering more of the trail for a flat annual fee, there will be a tipping point of investment size where it becomes worth it to pay the £25 per holding to do a transfer of agency to them, assuming they are paying the trail for the full length of time that the trust is paying the trail, and that the trail doesn't stop on change of agency which you would probably need to check with the relevant fund manager.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure