Fund Prices Between Brokers

Options
Hi all,

A bit of a basic question.

The Vanguard Lifestrategy 100% Equity Acc Fund (https://www.vanguard.co.uk/uk/portal/detail/mf/overview?portId=9232&assetCode=BALANCED##overview) (ISIN GB00B41XG308) is a clean fund, so my understanding is that this means that there is none of the broker kickback percentages going back and forth.

Does this mean that the price to buy a unit of that fund will therefore now been the same between all brokers? i.e. if I asked to buy through Charles Stanley Direct or Halifax Sharedealing, they would both offer me the same price?
Or do brokers negotiate their own prices with the funds, so they will vary from my perspective?

Thanks,

Comments

• Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Fund prices are publicly available (see trustnet.com or many other places) and so generally will be the same from all brokers, assuming it's exactly the same fund including Class.

I dont use H-L but I think I may have seen that they can offer a discount for some individual funds.
  • grey_gym_sock
    Options
    Linton wrote: »
    I dont use H-L but I think I may have seen that they can offer a discount for some individual funds.

sometimes HL have a different, cheaper fund class. sometimes they have the same fund class, but with a rebate from the fund manager (which they pass on to you).

(that's for on-going costs. there's less likely to be any difference in initial charge/spread, though i suppose there could be for the odd fund).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure