Changing statement date

Options
Has anybody ever tried to change the date they get their interest paid? Talking Santander and Tesco`s here. If its doable, I will give them a ring. But if others have tried and its a no goer ,I would rather save my breath.

Comments

• EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    With all the savings accounts I know of, all customers get their interest on the same date, or on the anniversary of opening the accouunt, and it's not possible to change it.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No, and why would you want to?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ceredigion wrote: »
    Has anybody ever tried to change the date they get their interest paid? Talking Santander and Tesco`s here. If its doable, I will give them a ring. But if others have tried and its a no goer ,I would rather save my breath.

Open accounts that pay the interest on different days.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I think I see where ceridigion is coming from, and it's something I'd welcome myself.

By far and away the bulk of my 'management activity' occurs between month end and the 3rd of the following month, and it'd be nice to avoid having to do anything for the rest of the month! As it is, I've got a few 'stragglers'...Santander & Tesco 1 on the 11th (purely by chance), and Tesco 2 on the 27th, which need some additional admin.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    colsten wrote: »

As Yorkshire boy said above, its purely a tidying up process. Of the 7 accounts that aren't based on calendar months , 2 pay at the beginning of the month, then we have 7th ,10th 18th and the 21st and 24th . The one on the 24th is alright ,it just rolls onto the next month. But the others are just messy.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Open accounts that pay the interest on different days.

That's never going to be quite as easy as it sounds , anything that pays calendar monthly is already there. If you are suggesting closing an account at the end of 1 month , then opening another one on a deliberate day early in the month , not even I'm that OCD.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just pretend that they all pay out on the last day of the month, and check on them on the 1st day of each following month... just ignore the date printed next to the interest transaction :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure