Lloyds Avios cc

edited 8 December 2015 at 12:11PM in Stoozing: free cash from credit cards
1 reply 1.2K views
MABLEMABLE Forumite
4K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
Forumite
I have one of the original Avios cards and do not pay a yearly fee.
I have just taken advantage of their latest balance transfer for existing customers 0 percent for 18 months with a 3 percent fee. However they refund 50 percent of the fee within 30 days. Also you can transfer any balance even ones on a Halifax cc and the repayment on the bt is 1 percent a month.

If anyone is interested and has one of these cards the promotional fee runs out on the 10 December.

Replies

• MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    MABLE wrote: »
    I have one of the original Avios cards and do not pay a yearly fee.
    I have just taken advantage of their latest balance transfer for existing customers 0 percent for 18 months with a 3 percent fee. However they refund 50 percent of the fee within 30 days. Also you can transfer any balance even ones on a Halifax cc and the repayment on the bt is 1 percent a month.

If anyone is interested and has one of these cards the promotional fee runs out on the 10 December.

Offer extended to 12 January. However the advisors told me the min repayment was 1 percent. It turns out only applies to card issued after 2011. As mine was issued in 2006 the repayment is 2 percent.

I made a complaint and they gave me compensation of £64.00. This easily covers my bt fees.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland now offers interest-free loans

But be careful - they'll impact your credit score

MSE News

Vanilla, veg & vexatious neighbours

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Up to 10% off Macs and iPads

For students, teachers & parents of students

MSE Deals