HOLD Help to Buy Scheme

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
KHudKHud Forumite
13 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
Hello, this probably belongs in the Housing section but I thought the right people might be more likely to see the thread in this section.

Does anyone have any experience of using the Home Ownership for People with Long-term Disabilities (HOLD) Shared Ownership housing scheme that you could tell me about please?

I developed what will be a long-term disability in recent years (and receive ESA in the support group and standard rate of both PIP components) and my partner has long-term mental health problems but works full time. We're currently renting a pretty unsuitable house and can't make any adaptations, so would like to buy our own home. Since our income is reduced now I can't work some sort of Shared Ownership scheme might be our only way onto the property ladder at this stage; having recently found out about the HOLD scheme I wondered if this might work for us. From what I've read it's not offered very widely. It sounds like the standard Shared Ownerships schemes are a bit of a nightmare so I'm anticipating the HOLD scheme may be worse, has anyone used the scheme and could tell me about it please?

Thank you for any help.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals