Problems with recently fitted Karndean!!!

Options
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

We were recommended a Karndean fitter by a friend. He quoted us a very good price so we went with him. Unfortunately, the price probably resembles his workmanship or lack of it..........

He layed the Da Vinci tile for us with a border. Firstly he screed the floor to level it out and then came the next day to fit it. On the surface it looked ok until we got down on our hands and knees to see the gaps and poor mitreing. After a few weeks the flooring started clicking all over the place and some of the tile edges were raised. So, we called him back and he pulled bits up and glued them back down. Unfortunately, this has happened again and it is now worse.......we have tried to contact him to come back but he does not seem to be playing ball.

He did use the correct glue for heat as it was layed in our conservatory and dining room but we have read that this can go off very quickly?? The day he laid the flooring it was exceptionally hot, the tiles had not been left to acclimatise for 24 hours (he had left them in our garage) and the floor certainly was not level!

Has anybody else had this problem or is there anybody out there who fits Karndean and can give some advice???? My other half is thinking of pulling it up himself and relaying but he has never laid flooring before????

It is probably our own fault although we did have this guy recommended to us. He does work for a legitimate flooring company but I think he does weekend jobs independantely, so it is not like we could complain to the company!! Please please help...we still have paid out a lot of money for this mess................

Comments

• redders499
    Options
    Hi Jessie59, I know this is 3 years later!! I am about to get Karndean fitted in our house, and as we are in the same area, just wondering if you managed to sort the problem and would your recommend the product?
    Also did the fitter problem sort itself out? I want to avoid that person aswell!!

cheers

Redders499
  • ladymcbeth
    Options
    I had Karndean flooring fitted throughout the downstairs in 2005 and was so happy I had the stairs, landing and study/bedroom done in 2007. Sadly the downstairs flooring is now fading from gray to pale turquoise and Karndean are not being very helpful. All their questions are 'leading' towards it being my fault. It took them 10 days to answer my phone call, just to tell me there was nothing they could do. I made it clear I wasnt happy with their answer and they are now calling me back later. I will let you know what they say. The carpet in the bedroom has been down just as long and is not fading at all and has more light than downstairs. Regarding the subscriber whose floor was badly laid, I must say the my fitter was excellent and came via the floooring shop. I would recommend him highly.
  • bigted_2
    Options
    I had the top of the range Kardean flooring Da Vinic laid just over 2 years ago in my kitchen. Within a short time it started fading quite badly. I eventually got round to making a complaint to Karndean about it. Their customer service is not that good but they did agree to re lay the floor. I didn`t like that idea and got a partial cash refund. It took 5 months from start to finish but getting any information out of them is like getting blood out of a stone. All they did was continually refer me to the company who laid the floor. Although it is not on their web site Karndean is not guaranteed against fading. So how you are supposed to be able to use it in a conservatory I don`t know. Very expensive experience. Won`t use it again. Another family member has Karndean wood effect flooring and it marks very easily.
  • janbohand
    Options
    Had Karndean fitted in my kitchen 6 years ago. It's beautiful, it was expensive but I've loved it. BUT I've just noticed it's fading. This was the last thing I thought about as the kitchen is not sunny but where the back door opens into the sunlight there's a very pale patch forming. I'm so sad. Thank goodness I didn't have it in my sun lounge!!! Will have to put it down to experience but surely Karndean must do something? Even if it's just a warning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure