IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

TNC letters, now this one

Options
My son who is working away in Liverpool has just received this letter after a last couple of letters.

Hes been ignoring them thanks to 'some bloke in the pub' and not this forum.

He got a ticket in july 2015 and the latest letter is entitled

Notice of Intention to Advise Client To Issue Summons

What should he do?

It simply states:

Please be advise that unless settlement of the above PArking Charge Notice is received by this office within 7 days of the post mark hereon we intend to advise our above client to instigate immediate legal proceedings against you.

Can you lerned guys please advise?

Thanks

Ive read through the top post but he hs somewhat along the process now. I know that appealing is probably not an option now.
Behind every great man is a good woman
Beside this ordinary man is a great woman
£2 savings jar - now at £3.42:rotfl:

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 November 2015 at 8:57PM
    Options
    post #4 of the newbies sticky thread tells him what to do, which is to IGNORE the debt collectors

we cannot stress this enough, that you IGNORE the debt collectors

its simply waffle designed to intimidate, in this case probably DRP in disguise

I too would recommend that a parking company should start legal proceedings, and I am not a debt collector, but it is free advice ;)

in other words, its either put up, or shut up

your relative has the stance of take me to court and I will defend myself, within 6 years , or it times out !!

debt collector letters like these are good hamster bedding, dont even read them , that is my advice

its an LBC or court papers from the actual parking company this person should watch out for and deal with

that top thread you read also says this too
    DEBT COLLECTOR STAGE - SEE POST #4 BELOW

Please no new threads about the letters - JUST SEARCH THIS FORUM! So, for example if you have a Debt Recovery Plus letter talking about 'my findings' then search this forum for 'Recovery findings' as your keywords. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD ABOUT DEBT RECOVERY LETTERS.

CAN'T SAY IT ENOUGH, THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR TALKING AD INFINITUM ABOUT DEBT COLLECTOR LETTER CHAINS SO PLEASE SPARE US.
  • HugoSP
    HugoSP Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your quick reply
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    HugoSP wrote: »
    Thank you for your quick reply

It's not meant to be unhelpful, the section on ignoring debt collectors is full of links to help you see why it's OK. And the advice does not change because debt collectors are just letter-writers with no more powers than you or me.

:)

And we have to keep the threads at the top here, as ones which need appeal help. Your son doesn't, he'll be OK as long as it's not a litigious private parking firm (PPC) so who was the ticket from, would be the only thing we need to check?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • HugoSP
    HugoSP Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    Options
    The ticket was from TNC Parking Services acting for UKPS (Northwest)ltd

Hope that helps
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    HugoSP wrote: »
    The ticket was from TNC Parking Services acting for UKPS (Northwest)ltd

Hope that helps

It simply states:

Please be advise that unless settlement of the above PArking Charge Notice is received by this office within 7 days of the post mark hereon we intend to advise our above client to instigate immediate legal proceedings against you.

NO debt collector advises that there customer (UKPC) remove the case from them

"IF" and that's a big "if" , UKPC listened to them , they (TNC) would not make a penny
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family