Can I get Spike TV channel on Virgin

Options
Spike TV channel is on Freeview channel 31. but I cannot find it on Virgin Media anywhere. Have I missed something or is anyone aware if it will be added toone of the available Virgin channels shortly.

Comments

• donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not on Virgin. It may appear at some point but not yet.
  • Martin85
    Martin85 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Virgin put up their prices fir BT sports which not all of us want but do not include Channels like Spike TV. It amazes me in can be shown on Freeview and not on Virgin. There appear to be other channels that this also applies to.
  • donnac2558
    Options
    I agree, no interest in sport do have the BT channels which I never ever looked at.

I know anytime I phoned about beat the deal, the moment I mention I don't want or like sport. They are lost and cannot offer a great deal, I do have the loyalty which they just cannot match without the sport added it seems.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Martin85 wrote: »
    Virgin put up their prices fir BT sports which not all of us want
    I don't use VM - do they not offer a package without BT sport that you could have?
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • EightOfHearts
    Options
    Virgin Media seems to fall behind wehen adding extra channels. They put up their prices regularly. if Sky ,Freeview and BT can add Spike TV channel why not Virgin media?
  • donnac2558
    Options
    The simple answer could be the channel is asking too much money, they don't want VirginMedia to have it, friends with Mr.Murdock?

Virgin do not own any TV channels now and are more interested in boardband.
  • BrianWilliams
    Options
    If Freeview can show Spike TV channel is seems beyond belief it is not shown on Virgin Media seen on the lower priced packages let alone the more expensive XL package.Is it case of Virgin ignoring customer wishes. BT Sports at least you have some choice and if you do not want it avoid the XL package. Come on Virgin get your act together!!!
  • tronator
    tronator Posts: 2,857 Forumite
    Options
    TBH guys, you're not missing too much :D

http://www.channel5.com/channels/spike
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Options
    If Freeview can show Spike TV channel is seems beyond belief it is not shown on Virgin Media seen on the lower priced packages let alone the more expensive XL package.Is it case of Virgin ignoring customer wishes. BT Sports at least you have some choice and if you do not want it avoid the XL package. Come on Virgin get your act together!!!

The owner of the channel decides what outlets it sells to .Obvious that Sky dont want it on VM .
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    I use Chrome most of the time - the chrome store has an app for Demand 5 - Most of the programmes will be on there I would have thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure