How to get a cash card from Lloyd's bank?

Hey, so I've recently set up a savings account with Lloyd's bank. I was wondering, how do I get a cash card from them for this account? It said online that a cash card is optional and can be provided. Do I drop into the branch or call them up as the online option isn't there.

Thank you! :)

Comments

• It's amazing that some banks do not provide a secure message service. I guess it's easiest to call them. I hope they don't keep you on hold.

Do you have a Club Lloyds account for 4% interest?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 November 2015 at 11:22PM
    amyt1 wrote: »
    Hey, so I've recently set up a savings account with Lloyd's bank.
    Do you remember the specific account name?

EDIT: Scrub that. It's the Easy Saver.
  • amyt1
    amyt1 Posts: 12 Forumite
    It's amazing that some banks do not provide a secure message service. I guess it's easiest to call them. I hope they don't keep you on hold.

Do you have a Club Lloyds account for 4% interest?

I know? It's very disappointing. I was looking around for an email as I'm deaf but they don't provide any messaging/email services.
    Do you remember the specific account name?

EDIT: Scrub that. It's the Easy Saver.

Yeah, it is the Easy Saver!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    amyt1 wrote: »
    I was looking around for an email as I'm deaf but they don't provide any messaging/email services.
    Have you made them aware of your accessibility needs?...

http://www.lloydsbank.com/accessibility.asp?WT.ac=Footer/Navigation/Accessib

Regardless, it'll probably be best to ask for it in branch.
  • amyt1
    Regardless, it'll probably be best to ask for it in branch.

Ah, thank you for this. I'll pop into the branch sometime this week :)
  • amyt1 wrote: »
    I know? It's very disappointing. I was looking around for an email as I'm deaf but they don't provide any messaging/email services.

Nationwide provides a secure messaging service with its online banking. If you meet the requirements you can get 5% interest for a year and 1% thereafter, which is far more than the 0.5% Lloyds are paying you with Easy Saver.
  • amyt1 wrote: »
    Hey, so I've recently set up a savings account with Lloyd's bank. I was wondering, how do I get a cash card from them for this account? It said online that a cash card is optional and can be provided. Do I drop into the branch or call them up as the online option isn't there.

Thank you! :)

Ummm m, something here isn't correct here, surely the last thing you want is a means of spending your hard earned savings, so why do you need a cash card?

fj
  • amyt1
    Nationwide provides a secure messaging service with its online banking. If you meet the requirements you can get 5% interest for a year and 1% thereafter, which is far more than the 0.5% Lloyds are paying you with Easy Saver.

I know that, but at the moment the interest rate doesn't really affect me. I'm going to switch over to a better deal once I have a bigger chunk of savings. This is just a way for me to start saving.
    Ummm m, something here isn't correct here, surely the last thing you want is a means of spending your hard earned savings, so why do you need a cash card?

fj

So I can keep tabs on it and for emergencies. My parents both have cash cards for their savings and they use it to pay money into the account in case the online system crashes etc and to check on it (my dad used to be a banker so yeah). They never took money out at all. I'm not planning on spending my savings lmao.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure