Swindon cash back

I tried to put my daughters name on my 7 month old car insurance policy.
She is 27, full licence since she was 17, full 10 years NCB. No convictions, accidents ect.
They wanted £84.
I asked to cancel my policy ,and they stated , the £75 cash back I got, when I took out the policy will be taken off my refund.
But it says on my quote, keep your policy for 90 days and we will send you a cheque for £75.
Is this right ?

Comments

• Do you mean Swinton? You need to read read the T&C's, it's possible that they send the cheque after 90 days but if you cancel before the full term it is repayable.
  • shug119
    shug119 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 November 2015 at 5:32PM
    Do you mean Swinton? You need to read read the T&C's, it's possible that they send the cheque after 90 days but if you cancel before the full term it is repayable.

My bad spelling, it is Swinton, I cant find any reference to cashback in terms and conditions.

From recent add.
    Buy a new Annual Swinton Car Insurance policy by the 29/02/2016, and as long as your policy is still active 90
    days after your policy start date we’ll send you a cheque for £50.
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    shug119 wrote: »
    My bad spelling, it is Swinton, I cant find any reference to cashback in terms and conditions.

Fro their terms of business

If we have given you a discount off your premium at inception this will be deducted on a pro rata basis from any refund due to you on cancellation. In addition, if we have given you an amount of cashback we have the right to deduct a proportionate amount of the cashback from any refund due, or recover the amount from you. Where a cancellation or other transaction results in a premium refund being due to you, that refund will be reduced by any service charge and any other sums you owe in respect of the policy.

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    shug119 wrote: »

From recent add.
    Buy a new Annual Swinton Car Insurance policy by the 29/02/2016, and as long as your policy is still active 90
    days after your policy start date we’ll send you a cheque for £50.
    Their ts + cs you quote concern the qualifying time to first get cashback awarded.

As others have posted, they have other (onerous!) ts + cs about what happens regarding refunds if you cancel your policy mid term!
  • shug119
    shug119 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks for your help.
    Quote, a proportionate amount of the cashback from any refund due, or recover the amount from you.
    Does that mean, not all the cashback will be reclaimed ?
    ie if policy running for 6 months 50% will be reclaimed. ?
    Cheers.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You need to check with them how much they will refund.

But do find out the full cost of cancelling (not just any cashback clawback) before you make a decision.

You may find it (much!) cheaper to pay the £84 to see the year out with them then move on (cancellation could cost far more than £84)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure