We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Am I covered?
Recently I asked the following question: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5341103
There is a fault with my boiler meaning the central heating is on when the hot water only is on. I was quoted £300 to have this work done.
The plumber is visiting tomorrow to fit a diverter valve. I contacted my insurance company (Prudential) and they tell me that I am not covered under Home Emergency because my hot water and central heating are at least working. I checked the policy I had last year (Post Office Home Assistance) and I believe that I would not be covered had it happened this time last year.
However, Prudential suggested logging a claim under my buildings insurance policy, which I have done. They have asked me to ask the plumber what caused the problem and report back to them. They will then make a decision.
I suspect the plumber will say it is down to general wear and tear. Am I wasting my time making a claim? Are there any policies that would pay out? I would consider taking out one of these policies in case I am faced with a bill like this again in the future.
There is a fault with my boiler meaning the central heating is on when the hot water only is on. I was quoted £300 to have this work done.
The plumber is visiting tomorrow to fit a diverter valve. I contacted my insurance company (Prudential) and they tell me that I am not covered under Home Emergency because my hot water and central heating are at least working. I checked the policy I had last year (Post Office Home Assistance) and I believe that I would not be covered had it happened this time last year.
However, Prudential suggested logging a claim under my buildings insurance policy, which I have done. They have asked me to ask the plumber what caused the problem and report back to them. They will then make a decision.
I suspect the plumber will say it is down to general wear and tear. Am I wasting my time making a claim? Are there any policies that would pay out? I would consider taking out one of these policies in case I am faced with a bill like this again in the future.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards