We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

RAC Direct Car insurance

Options
Got a pretty good deal on OH's car insurance recently with RAC. (I'm pretty insurance savvy so get to sort all the insurance out :rolleyes:)

So I was surprised when I checked over the documents to see that the RAC don't offer any kind of driving other cars extension to the policy holder. They point out that this clause is frequently misused, and in order to discourage people from driving with no insurance, they have just removed it completely.

Not a big deal for us - OH isn't likely to need to drive anyone else's car, and I have DOC on my policy anyway. Just a bit surprised that it isn't made clearer.

In fact, it may do the opposite to their intentions if people assume they have cover and actually don't................ :think:

Just thought I'd flag it up in case it affected anyone.
:A MSE's turbo-charged CurlyWurlyGirly:A
;)Thinks Naughty Things Too Much Clique Member No 3, 4 & 5 ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport