Charterhouse Sandford

Options
Wail
Wail Posts: 265 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Please could someone advise me who the above outfit is and a return address for them. I have received a number of letters from this organisation with no return address on.

Thank you

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    What does it relate to?

Is there any company name/number, FCA/ICO registration number etc.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Wail
    Wail Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    It appears to relate to wrapping up the impact on the recipients credit file following an IVA with GT. There is no company number, no FCA or ICO registration number. Only a header with company name and a phone number to call.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I find nothing that is obviously them. Very hard to say much more without seeing the letters.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • phil2580
    Options
    We've had a number of our clients phone up about these letters.

From the sounds of the text, it's the usual "We can clean up your credit file" garbage. Companies like this crop up periodically, purchasing a copy of the Insolvency Register and using it illegally for marketing purposes.

Their main aim is to get people in IVAs to deliberately fail, then they swipe a few thousand in fees for setting up a bankruptcy. Invariably they disappear after a short while, leaving those who have been sucked in in a potentially much worse situation than if they'd stayed with their IVA.

Best advice is to just ignore the letters or, given the cold weather, burn them to help keep warm.
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    Options
    phil2580 wrote: »
    We've had a number of our clients phone up about these letters.

From the sounds of the text, it's the usual "We can clean up your credit file" garbage. Companies like this crop up periodically, purchasing a copy of the Insolvency Register and using it illegally for marketing purposes.

Their main aim is to get people in IVAs to deliberately fail, then they swipe a few thousand in fees for setting up a bankruptcy. Invariably they disappear after a short while, leaving those who have been sucked in in a potentially much worse situation than if they'd stayed with their IVA.

Best advice is to just ignore the letters or, given the cold weather, burn them to help keep warm.

I'm more of a recycling man myself Phil, but agree with the principle.

To be honest everything OP says about this letter is screaming "scam" to me, including the company title designed to sound like a Victorian legal firm and the complete absence of any entry at Companies House.

Wail - I suppose the one positive thing you could do is to forward the scant details you have on to Trading Standards and/or the Financial Conduct Authority. If nothing else, it may enable them to warn the wider public about any similar correspondence.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure