We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cavendish delay

Options
Hi,

Just filled in my details on Cavendish's site. Now they're going to send me a proposal. Anybody know how long it will take for cover to actually start? I read a statement on their front page that said it could take up to 6 weeks! Anything could happen in that time!

Assuming I am looking at a delay of more than a week or two: can anybody recommend a good website for instant cover? preferably fee- rather than commission-based.

Thanks

Jim

Comments

• Albert_Park
    Options
    I used Cavendish for life cover through Legal and General. I had a minor delay due to a mix-up with adresses (my fault), and they also needed additional medical info.

You will need to complete an application, which is quite a substantial booklet of questions, and depending on your details this will determine if what you have supplied is sufficient.

Would I would use them again? Yes.
  • Jim02
    Jim02 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got no problem with them, it's just that if something happens in the next "4 - 6 weeks" then I won't be covered. Thought it would be possible to get cover in place a touch quicker!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    To get on risk takes anything from immediate to 6 months depending on health.

All IFAs have the ability to give immediate cover (assuming health is fine) and Cavendish are IFAs. So, maybe you should question the process they use as "4-6 weeks" is their limitation, not the insurance companies.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport