»

Very good spam email re.google

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Very good spam email re.google

edited 15 November 2015 at 6:31PM in Techie Stuff
7 replies 3.9K views
grumpycrabgrumpycrab Forumite
4.4K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Bake Off Boss!
✭✭✭✭
edited 15 November 2015 at 6:31PM in Techie Stuff
Long time since I've seen a good spam. This one below is very tidy with "Confirm Google Account" pointing to the obviously dodgy managegoogleprofile .net BEWARE

EDIT: apart from spelling of inconivnece

googlelogo_color_120x48dp.png [email protected] Account Notice Please confirm your Google Account [email protected]

We have attempted to contact you on two previous occasions in regard to the European Commissions eID service Regulation (EU) N°910/2014 that requires us 'Google Inc' to inspect the authenticity of Google users in Europe. Because your Google account [email protected] has now passed the deadline it's at risk of deletion within the next 48 hours unless you complete this check.
We apologize for any inconivnece this may cause but unless this is addressed your Google ID [email protected] will be suspended pending deletion from all Google services.
Confirm Google Account Forgot your password?
Reset it now Sincerely,
Google Accounts Team © 2015 Google Inc. 3775 Amphitheatre Drive, Mountain View, CA 29453

You [email protected] have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your Google product or account .
If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.

Replies

• remove your email address ian , before you get LOTS more spam
  • grumpycrabgrumpycrab Forumite
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    remove your email address ian , before you get LOTS more spam
    They like to quote your mail address plenty of times...
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • I had problems deciding if you preferred Vietnamese or Russian (brides) , hope I chose well (joking!)
  • Oh no, I fell for this one as it was so convincing., I put my bank information in and then it came up with a warning screen saying it was unsecure return to a safe site and took me back to Google home page. Does that mean my details weren't sent to the spam creators ?? I'm a single mum who struggles, if they take money out of my account my bills will bounce I don't have spare money.

What an idiot I am. I'm usually so careful with these things and delete emails like that. What should I do now ?? Please could someone advise? Thank you
  • grumpycrabgrumpycrab Forumite
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I'm aware... if its just account number/sort code you're ok (but see *). If its debit card/credit card long number/end date/security code then inform bank immediately.

Also, if your password was shared change it ASAP.

(*) like TalkTalk, account number+sort code cannot be used to take money but could be used at some point for "identity theft"; keep a close eye on your accounts.
  • AndyPixAndyPix Forumite
    4.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have filled your bank details on that form and clicked submit, then yes, they have been transmitted to the author of the spam.
    Advise your bank immediately so you are covered for any loss.

They will advise best coarse of action.

Andy
    Running with scissors since 1978 :)
  • EssexHebrideanEssexHebridean Forumite
    10.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also got this one - very hard currently to confirm it as Spam - in fact this was the first place I found confirmation! Agree that this is convincing too - it's going to catch a lot of folk I suspect.
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016 :D
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support