We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

cheap public liability insurance

Options
I'm a photographer and my public liability insurance is due for renewal. I have to have at least 5 million, does anyone know of a good/reasonable insurer. I'm with pavilion/photoguard at the moment.
Thanks for any advice or recommendations

Comments

• maclean2
    maclean2 Posts: 709 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - suggest you try portwood insurance on 0870 0345502.In business for some years and specialize in liability cover.

HTH
  • Andybez38
    Andybez38 Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I currently use http://www.insuredrisks.co.uk for my public liability.
    I came into this world with nothing and I'm gonna leave with nothing.
  • josephine1_2
    Options
    thanks for both of these suggestions, I'll contact both of them
  • RGB_2
    RGB_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    josephine1 wrote: »
    I'm a photographer and my public liability insurance is due for renewal. I have to have at least 5 million, does anyone know of a good/reasonable insurer. I'm with pavilion/photoguard at the moment.
    Thanks for any advice or recommendations

Photography is a very low risk trade in terms of obtaining Public Liability. You can try anywhere and should be able to get this for less than £150 for £5m cover.
    Kind regards,
    RGB
  • Ian_W
    Ian_W Posts: 3,778 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    You could try LIABILITYGUARD - if you go through quidco there's 7.5% cashback. They also offer double the difference if you find the same cover cheaper elsewhere.
    Not a personal recommendation, just came across it browsing quidco and remembered this thread.
  • josephine1_2
    Options
    thanks Ian, they are part of the group I'm already with. Insuredrisks don't do photographers, so I'll call portwood when they are open.

My present renewal quote is £208 a year for 5 million pub liability insurance and £3000 of equipment insurance in the same policy. Because I had only had it for a year I wasn't sure if I was getting a good price, although I had rang around when I was intitially getting cover and photoguard/pavillion seemed the best option.

I really appreciate people's advice as I know this isn't a normal type of insurance.
  • countingthepennys
    Options
    Isnt that bizarre as theres a photographer on the home page!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport