OPODO - Ripped off and terrible complaints service

Options
124»

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It is not unusual for bookings to be cancelled by the airline when the ticket is not issued within the ticketing deadline.
    When did you last see your booking on the TUI website? (not Opodo app)?
    Did you attempt to check in online? (open from 7 days before flight)
    Have you checked your bank/card statements to check that the payment hold did not drop off.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pverona wrote: »
    The issue that I have experienced was: Opodo sent us a email confirming we were booked on a Thomson Airways flight and sent us the booking reference. We have the email. We also have pics of the Opodo iPhone app where we can see the flight Thomson Airways, the time, destination and origin.
    When we got to the airport in Las Palmas, Thomson Airways told us we were not on their passenger list and that Opodo had made a mistake. We were not able to fly. I was left at the airport with y two kids, 7 and 9 years old... no hotel, no food, all our luggage and on the phone to Opodo and messenger for the next 6 hours. When eventually my husband managed to speak to Opodo after waiting for 2 hours we was put through to 3 different people and one of them told my husband our booking was on easyJet and that they wouldn't take any responsibility. I am now taking legal action and claiming the cost of new flight tickets (£400), plus taxi, plus telephone bills, plus hotel, plus food and plus all the time taken and emotional stress caused. I will take them to court in The UK.

It occurred on: 7/01/2019

You do not say whether you had checked in for your flight before going to the airport, and whether Opodo had taken payment (or perhaps took payment and then returned it to you). These issues might perhaps weaken your case, so I do suggest that you engage a solicitor. And I hope you win.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You need to look very carefully at the documentation you have. It is quite possible that Opodo booked flights through Thomson Flights who do sell flights on other airlines. Did you have a flight number or did you just assume because the booking was with Thomson Flights the booking was with Thomson, who now trade as Tui anyway? There should be an actual flight number, if it begins EZY not TOM, then you may be at fault, not Opodo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure