Getting PIP now to go for assessment for ESA what are my chances???

Options
I have been on ESA since before July. I was recently awarded PIP Standard rate mobility and daily living component this was only awarded in September. I have since received a a letter to attend an assessment with regards to my ESA I am not on the support group ESA I have to send sick lines in every 6 weeks. I have a condition called scolosis which is a curvature of the spine. I stopped working in October and have been suffering badly with my back moving about etc. If I get PIP wouldn't they see that I am unable to work??? What if they feel I am able to work?? I know I am not and at my PIP assessment the woman said herself she could see I the difficulty in my movement during the physical assessment is this what will happen at the ESA assessment???? If they decide I am able to work does this mean my PIP will be stopped? I'm all new to this so sorry for all the questions. Also I received a letter for Severe disability Premium which I filled in beginning of October and sent away but they told me they did not receive it and now they send another form which I have returned and again waiting for their reply, how long roughly does this take to process??

Thanks in advance

Michelle Walker

Comments

• jak
    jak Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Esa will asssess your capability to work, pip you can get in work or not. If you don't get your esa it shouldn't effect your pip I don't think x
    2022 Comp total (prizes + free spins): £494.81 #20 £12 a day Jan: £382.95/£372 #57 360 1p challenge: £17.70 £10 a day Feb: £571.09/£280 March: £311.96/£310
  • Bingaling86
    Options
    If you only have problems with your back, you won't score very highly because you have normal upper limb function and could work a job with your hands/sitting.

If you don't get awarded ESA, your PIP won't be affected, you'll still get your PIP.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ESA and PIP are completely different benefits. During your ESA assessment they will assess your ability to do any kind of work, including sitting down jobs. As stated above people claim PIP and work so aving a PIP award has nothing to with your ESA assessment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure