nice pub lunch on A303

Options
Heading for Devon tomorrow (I know bank holiday ) thought we'd break up the journey with a leisurely lunch anyone know of pubs that do reasonable lunches in Somerset just off the A303?

Comments

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Half Moon at Mudford, nr Yeovil is really nice. A little off the 303 but worth the detour. (check the details though as I haven't been for a while)
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • curlywurlygirly
    Options
    I've been there - it was lovely!

have a wonderful time in Devon - it's my favouritq holiday place ever!
    Is it payday yet?:rolleyes:

Comping since August and won: Tickets to the ideal home show, My Little Pony Playset, a naughty prize, £5 cash, Hot Fuzz goody bag, Carbon Monoxide Detector, Tickets to Good Food Show, Photo print from London editions:j

:T Thanks to all posters!:T
  • snails's_pace
    snails's_pace Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Options
    dunno about pub lunches but we frequently visit cornwall and have always stopped off at cartgate services, picnic tables and a nice walk....a lovely cuppa tea on offer too in the cafe
    Bring back mark and lard NOW! or else (please) clique member no. 10 :j

"When a woman steals your man,there is no better revenge than to let her keep him"

I maybe blonde, have many moments and have big bazookas but my brain is in gear
  • Fizog
    Fizog Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks people Half Moon looks lovely - if we miss lunch I'll head for Cartgate services. I am desperately hoping everyone is going tonight. Last time I drove to Devon it was 1981 and there was a lot less traffic on the road, and it wasn't a bank holiday weekend. Looks like it will be fine weather which should make the drive more enjoyable.
  • snails's_pace
    Options
    leave as early as possible!! trust me...we're heading off down that way on monday ..we're leaving here (hampshire) at 6 am ..:eek::eek:

"When a woman steals your man,there is no better revenge than to let her keep him"

• snails's_pace
    Options
    leave as early as possible!! trust me...we're heading off down that way on monday ..we're leaving here (hampshire) at 6 am ..:eek::eek:
    and if the traffic is real bad for you...i'll buy you a cuppa at cartgate services on monday lol :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure