flea tablet

Options
Hi all :-)
can someone advise if there is a flea tablet you can buy without prescription?
our 5 year old Yorkie used to have frontline but in the last year when we have used it on her and tried different ones that you put on her skin, shes pacing up and down, unsettled for the whole day, so not using them now, even tho we have used frontline since she was a puppy we don't like seeing her getting stressed like that.
i bought some 'Program' 1 tablet a month
and was wondering any feedback if you have used them?

she was fine with the tablet

Comments

• HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've used Johnson's 4Fleas and yes they do kill all the fleas very quickly. Very effective....for 24 hours.

You must eradicate them from the environment and apply a monthly treatment to keep them away.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,416 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Does you do dog have fleas?

I do not routinely treat my dogs for fleas.

I have only treated my dogs twice in 40 years of dog owning- once when picked up at my friend's house when she didn't yet know her dog had fleas. and second fwhen picked up rom the carpet in a holiday chalet.

if your dog has fleas you need to treat everywhere the dog has been.- Carpets, furniture, beds, car , towels used for them should be washed( I used flea shampoo to wash them)

The eggs can lie dormant for months so thorough hoovering including in the corners of the room, along the top of the skirting boards, down the sides of setees and chairs. Then spary everywhere with a household flea spray. Zodiac and Acclaim are effective for several months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport