We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Compact Camera Gift Advice - TZ57, WX350, SX610 HS, s7000
bex88
Posts: 689 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice.
I'm looking to buy a new compact camera for my mum for Christmas.
For her, I know she won't use many advanced features and prefers ease of use. She would be using it for simple family pics and holiday snaps.
I would like to get her something that has a good zoom, as well as nice quality pictures and build quality.
I'm looking on Very as I have a £25 off coupon and I can have it on my buy now pay later account. I ideally want to spend up to £170 max.
The options I'm looking at are:
Panasonic TZ57 (£159)
Sony WX530 (£159)
Canon SX610 HS (£149)
Nikon S7000 (£149)
Any help appreciated
I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice.
I'm looking to buy a new compact camera for my mum for Christmas.
For her, I know she won't use many advanced features and prefers ease of use. She would be using it for simple family pics and holiday snaps.
I would like to get her something that has a good zoom, as well as nice quality pictures and build quality.
I'm looking on Very as I have a £25 off coupon and I can have it on my buy now pay later account. I ideally want to spend up to £170 max.
The options I'm looking at are:
Panasonic TZ57 (£159)
Sony WX530 (£159)
Canon SX610 HS (£149)
Nikon S7000 (£149)
Any help appreciated
0
Comments
-
I've just bought the Nikon S7000 and although I've not had much chance to do anything with it yet, I like it, a huge improvement on my old canon.
I think to be honest they are all pretty decent cameras with not a lot to choose between them. Take a look at the reviews for them on Photography Blog, don't see the Sony in it but the others are all given the 'Recommended' rating.
http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/nikon_coolpix_s7000_review/
http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/canon_powershot_sx610_hs_review/
http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/panasonic_lumix_dmc_tz57_review/0 -
I've had a Samsung WB650 for a few years - it has a 15x zoom, and GPS.
It will geotag photos (if you turn on the GPS, and it gets a fix), and you can download maps, to show photo locations, or where you are
I got a WB350 this year, which has a 21x zoom, and Wifi - with an app, you can download photos, or use a 'remote viewfinder' mode on a phone or tablet (although it won't save to a SD card).
I can take the SD card out of the 650 and copy files using a card reader, but my tablet doesn't recognise the format of the uSD from the 350. (I can copy photos from both to my laptop using USB)0 -
I don't know about the Panasonic TZ-57, but I have the TZ40 and LOVE it.
Previous few cameras have been Sonys but couldn't find one with the features I wanted in my price range last time.Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the endQuidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
