Sticker stating that item does not meet articles 9 and 10 of the european community

Options
Hi

I received an item from a Chinese seller, which I believed delivered the item via Sweden.
The item has arrived with a sticker stating that the goods do not fulfill the conditions prescribed in Articles 9 and 10 of the Treat establishing the European Economic Community.

Does this mean I'll end up being charged further by customs?
The item was only £9

Thanks for any replies.
Girlie Girl

Comments

• martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you googled and found this?

https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/miniblog/explained-yellow-sticker-on-package-goods-do-not-meet-the-requirement-of-article-9/

It appears to show that it is being sent as an item sent within the EC but the postage service realises that it has been sent from China so it liable to VAT and duty charges. As it is under the £15 limit there should be no charge for you unless the postage cost takes the total over £15.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    As the goods were originally imported into Sweden, there may well still be VAT due.
    This is because there is no low value consignment relief for non EU purchases when importing into Sweden as their government decided to have a zero limit on personal imports.
  • barmonkey
    barmonkey Posts: 7,159 Forumite
    Options
    martindow wrote: »
    It appears to show that it is being sent as an item sent within the EC but the postage service realises that it has been sent from China so it liable to VAT and duty charges. As it is under the £15 limit there should be no charge for you unless the postage cost takes the total over £15.

Postage is not included unless the item itself is over £15
    WWSD
    (what would Scooby Doo)
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi

I received an item from a Chinese seller, which I believed delivered the item via Sweden.
    The item has arrived with a sticker stating that the goods do not fulfill the conditions prescribed in Articles 9 and 10 of the Treat establishing the European Economic Community.

Does this mean I'll end up being charged further by customs?
    The item was only £9

Thanks for any replies.
    Who delivered it?
    Most couriers and Royal Mail will ask for money up front before delivering. I know FedEx send a bill after delivery, not sure about any others.
    If you haven't been asked yet and it wasn't one that does charge after delivering then you probably won't get a bill.
  • andrewthomas2008
    andrewthomas2008 Posts: 164 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2015 at 10:49PM
    Options
    I've thrown away the packaging so I'm not sure who delivered it, I haven't received a bill from anyone, so hopefully everything is fine.

But I read on another forum that someone was charged £80 for some books worth aroud £100
    Girlie Girl
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport