Returned google Nexus 6 under warranty Motorola are ignoring my request for shipping

Options
I bought the Google Nexus brand new from an Ebay seller and 5 months later had to return it due to a battery fault. The shipping cost me £7.50 and when I asked for this to be refunded Motorola ignore me. Do I have any rights for a refund of shipping? It's quite a lot to be out of pocket by for what they accepted was a manufacturing fault.

Comments

• ItsJordannn
    ItsJordannn Posts: 71 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2015 at 12:03AM
    Options
    As you are returning it under warranty, you will have to check the warranty details as to whether they will refund your shipping.

If you brought from a business on eBay it may be easier to return it to them under the SoGA and they will have to return shipping if it is faulty.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought the Google Nexus brand new from an Ebay seller and 5 months later had to return it due to a battery fault. The shipping cost me £7.50 and when I asked for this to be refunded Motorola ignore me. Do I have any rights for a refund of shipping? It's quite a lot to be out of pocket by for what they accepted was a manufacturing fault.

It's not clear, but did you return the Nexus to Motorola for repair?

If so. you are reliant on the terms of their guarantee.
    A manufacturer's guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
    If that guarantee specifies that you are responsible for that postage cost, then so be it.

Your statutory rights are with the ebay seller that sold the goods to you. Under those statutory rights, if the thing is inherently faulty, then the seller must cover all costs of providing the remedy, i.e. including postage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure