We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How do I get a debit card without tick box ID

2»

Comments

  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    OP, was your intent to ...

    A. Have a good rant so you feel better? - I hope it worked for you.
    B. Progress whatever issue it is you have with Santander? - Posting unintelligble gibberish here will not help I'm afraid.
    C. Get an answer to a question? - Try rewording your question, and omitting all the irrelevant dross.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Newshound!
    You say you exist on your pension? How is your pension paid? I thought the books with the weekly coupons were a thing of the past ....
  • dr_adidas01
    dr_adidas01 Posts: 2,158 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    You say you exist on your pension? How is your pension paid? I thought the books with the weekly coupons were a thing of the past ....

    They are but people can have their pension and other benefits paid into a post office account allowing them to withdraw the cash from a post office.

    http://www.postoffice.co.uk/post-office-card-account

    Perhaps this is how the OP gets their pension.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,737 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Of course if he has a post office card account he's on the grid, making his opening rant a waste of time.
  • Thanks for message. I am ultra off grid. And as I finished my thread, if joining the 21st century depends on ticking boxes, then I'll continue without a 'must have' crutch. I've done so for a good number of years. I prefer seeing the product I buy before doing so anyway.
  • tch, tch, tch.
  • I have a card which has my pension on it at the appropriate time. But when I asked if the Post Office would open a basic account for me, the reply was negative! I don't want overdraft or loans; just on the RARE occasion I can't get a specific in ordinary retail.
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I am afraid you are still not making too much sense, and it doesn't appear you have registered my earlier suggestions.

    However, several banks will be providing basic bank accounts later this year or early next, so may be you can try one of those.

    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-basic-fee-free-bank-accounts-to-help-millions-manage-their-money
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 42,038 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    is any organisation designed to welcome a frugal, debt free, non-conveyor belt person who does not dance in lock step with constrained 'protocol'
    I think this one may be quite a good fit....
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I have a card which has my pension on it at the appropriate time.
    So what is this 'off grid' card you have, that cannot be used for purchases?
    Evolution, not revolution
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.