We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Refund to Cancelled Card
LadyMorticia
Posts: 19,899 Forumite
Hello everyone.
I've been refunded for an item but the card I used to pay has since been cancelled and I have a new one. However, they've sent the refund to the cancelled card. Will I still receive it as it's just the card that has been cancelled and I still have the same bank account?
I was told that I should still receive it as the bank will see the bank account that the old card was linked to, but I just want to make sure.
Thank you.
I've been refunded for an item but the card I used to pay has since been cancelled and I have a new one. However, they've sent the refund to the cancelled card. Will I still receive it as it's just the card that has been cancelled and I still have the same bank account?
I was told that I should still receive it as the bank will see the bank account that the old card was linked to, but I just want to make sure.
Thank you.
2019 Wins
1/25
£2019 in 2019
£10/£2019
1/25
£2019 in 2019
£10/£2019
0
Comments
-
What you were told was correct.0
-
If you mean debit card then yes, you'll get the money. The same happened to me recently & the refund duly arrived.Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.0
-
What about credit cards?0
-
This happened to me recently on a credit card I cancelled I just rang them up and they transferred the money into my current account0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards