Priority pass

Options
Hi is any one a member of the priority pass system? www.prioritypass.com
i am thinking of joining as i live in canada and i fly to the uk about 5 times a year. Was hoping someone may be able to tell me if it is worth joining or not.
Also hoping someone may be able to tell me if they know of any discounts that can be had with it, i know about the 8 pounds i can get with the Quidco.

Thanks for looking
Marcus

Comments

• bluemorph
    bluemorph Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    I have been a member for a few years now and find it great if my plane is delayed, or the airport is really busy and i want to get away from the crowds, must admit though i find that the lounges are better abroard than they are in the uk.
  • Cat72
    Cat72 Posts: 2,398 Forumite
    Options
    We had priority pass free for a few years there with a royal bank of scotland premier account .We loved it- and I agree the airports abroad are better than the Uk ones.Especailly when you are in some of those mad , busy airports in foregin countries where no one speaks english- you just pop into your nice,cool lounge.Have a few beers/wines/snacks - relax and they tell you when your flights ready to board.
    The royalties premier acccount costs £15 per month but you also get reduced concert/theatre tickets & discounts at some restaurants- plus free travel insurance. So if you go abroad a lot it would probably be worth investing in the royalties account to get your priority pass & free travel insurance- however it would only be good for british residents- sorry OP.
    However american express also have priority pass membership with some of their cards as do some visa cards. Apart from that some companies have 20% discounts for their employees. Here are some in a search I found through google.
  • Marcuscollings
    Options
    thanks will check that out. i am a Uk resident i will have a look at the royalties account
  • GlennTheBaker
    GlennTheBaker Posts: 2,974 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I can't see any real benefit of Priority Pass Standard membership. The annual fee is £69 and then you have to pay £15 each time you visit a lounge. You can pay for ad hoc lounge access via sites like Lounge Pass for around £17 or £18 a throw, with a 10% discount for Egg card holders or 10% cashback via Quidco.

You would have to make something like 50 lounge visits in a year just to break even!
    This space has been intentionally left blank
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I thought priority pass gets you in to some lounges run by the airlines and not the ones run by airports/ground handling companies
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • GlennTheBaker
    Options
    I looked on the Priority Pass website to see which lounges you get access to and they seem to be the usual Servisair Globeground-type ones you get via Lounge Pass.

*EDIT*

I've just looked at Heathrow and Gatwick and it does appear that you can get access to some of the airline-run lounges too.
  • Marcuscollings
    Options
    so is it worth it ?
    i go home about 5 times a year.
  • GlennTheBaker
    Options
    I would say not. Paying £69 annual fee plus 5 lots of £15 (£144) every year sounds like an awful lot of money to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport