Forum Home» House Buying, Renting & Selling

Builder without insurance - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Builder without insurance

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
11 replies 3.6K views
2»

Replies

• Dan-DanDan-Dan Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like relatively easy work.

I mean, even if they took one of the radiators off and had a bad leak onto one of your ceilings, them repairing it and buying the materials themselves would work out cheaper than the excess on the insurance.

My excess on pub liability is £500 + the 140 quid a year it costs me so making a claim for trivial issues is out of the question.

If you are that bothered which you seem to be starting a thread about it, find a builder who is insured but be prepared to probably pay more to cover their increased business costs.

You can seldom have your cake and stuff it all in your face.

What about if said builder causes a problem which affects a neighbour costing many english pounds.......? It isnt only the homeowner who gets some peace of mind from a tradesman working in their home being appropriately insured
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support