Ticketmaster resale on GetMeIn! - opinions

Ant555
Ant555 Posts: 1,563
First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
Forumite
I am looking for the easiest way to resell some tickets bought on Ticketmaster. I was asked to purchase but someone else also got some and they are better seats!)

There was not the option for e-tickets - just a postal option so at the moment I do not have them tickets in hand.

As a TicketMaster company does GetMeIn! automatically reassign ticketmaster tickets to the new person or will I have to wait till they are delivered to me and then sort out? I know I will have to pay a fee so I will just have to work out how much to ask for tickets so I get my money back, which is all I am looking for to be honest.

I might be able to resell them privately but just looking at the options for now as the cost of 8 tickets is quite a lot - the concert is sold out so no new ones are available on ticketmaster.

Comments

• TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,645
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 23 October 2015 at 8:02AM
    I would also like to know the answer to this as I am in a similar situation - I have 2 spare tickets for a concert in December but I don't have the physical tickets yet. GetMeIn! will let me list them, and there is only 1 other person selling tickets for the same concert (and he is charging way too much!) so I'm hopeful they'll sell, just want to understand the mechanics.

Just found that they cannot deliver direct from Ticketmaster - Ticketmaster send the ticket to the original buyer who has to forward them on.

My next question - they are talking about using UPS. Is this mandatory or can you use Royal Mail Special Delivery? The reason for asking is that I don't want to have to wait in all day for a UPS courier...
  • arrgee
    arrgee Posts: 28
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You don't have to wait in for UPS, they have lots of drop off points
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Try selling them on gumtree or the like when you get them or stub hub, but factor in the fees too
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Mv421
    Mv421 Posts: 6
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I wonder if anyone can help. I purchased tickets on GetMeIn and I ended up paying extortionate processing fees. I want to cancel the tickets as I feel the charges are way too high. Does anyone know what my rights are as a customer? Any advice would be appreciated. I only purchased the tickets on Friday and so don't yet have them.
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,031
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You resumably agreed a contract at a price you were happy with?

If so, no.

I could sell you a tin of beans for £100, and as long as you're happy with the purhase price, there's no refund or recourse to complain.
    💙💛 💔
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    I have listed tickets this way for a show next week but looks like they add a huge % onto the price for their commision.
    TBH getting a bit twitchy as the show is next weekend and I don't have the tickets :eek: have 4 to sell as have a wedding that day and didn't know when I purchased them 14 months ago :mad:
    Would advertise on gumtree etc but can't until I have them.
    Ticketmaster won't help as they say the tickets have been despatched, but getting really anxious as need to sell asap :(
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    You could put them on gumtree now as they don't always sell straight away and then ask to sell them a day or 2 from when you should get them
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport