week for £99 per couple in Malta?

Options
Pmakgreb
Pmakgreb Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi all
I received an email from 'Luxury Escape' advertising a sale for £99 per couple in a 5 star resort in Malta during January. I registered my details and received a call from a lady calling from the 5 star resort. She confirmed a stay of £99 per couple and even offered our 3 year old the stay for free. She proceeded to sell the hotel/resort to me and as cyncial as i am i awaited the catch. She explained that all they ask for is a morning of our time to go over membership of the hotel group. I can imagine that this is a hard sell for them and they probably push in trying to get couples to buy some type of membership.

I had this when I was in Thailand however, all we received was an invite to a hotel and a free breakfast for them to try and sell us a subscribtion package. We fobbed it off but i wouldnt want go to Malta and have a full week of them trying to sell us something we have no intention of buying.

Flights and the accomodation is only going to cost us around £300. Its very tempting and if i thought it was only for one morning of their time with no hassle i'd jump on it.

Has anyone else had any experience of this kind of offer etc?

Comments

• blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pmakgreb wrote: »
    Hi all
    I received an email from 'Luxury Escape' advertising a sale for £99 per couple in a 5 star resort in Malta during January. I registered my details and received a call from a lady calling from the 5 star resort. She confirmed a stay of £99 per couple and even offered our 3 year old the stay for free. She proceeded to sell the hotel/resort to me and as cyncial as i am i awaited the catch. She explained that all they ask for is a morning of our time to go over membership of the hotel group. I can imagine that this is a hard sell for them and they probably push in trying to get couples to buy some type of membership.

I had this when I was in Thailand however, all we received was an invite to a hotel and a free breakfast for them to try and sell us a subscribtion package. We fobbed it off but i wouldnt want go to Malta and have a full week of them trying to sell us something we have no intention of buying.

Flights and the accomodation is only going to cost us around £300. Its very tempting and if i thought it was only for one morning of their time with no hassle i'd jump on it.

Has anyone else had any experience of this kind of offer etc?

Yes it's a time share thing

Some go well, others are very heavy. You call

BA are doing a Business class sale to Malta for £150 each.

Or are you saying the price of £99 inlcudes fligths?

So if the dates fit...
  • Pmakgreb
    Options
    £99 for the hotel for a week, the flights are £200 for all of us so in total its just under £300.
    Will obviously be costly when out there though as this doesnt include any meals etc.

Will look at the BA one though i'm travelling from belfast/dublin
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Options
    You'd need to pay me an awful lot more than £99 to go back to the 'M' island.
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    Radisson Golden Sands? It's a nice resort but you'd need a car to get about, it's not well located.

I like Malta, although a week in Jan would be a long time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure