Default, is it my fault? Can it be removed?

Options
I once had a lot of debt and a lot of issues that I couldn't resolve with the individual lenders. I was forced to use a debt management company just to get the interest stopped. All the debts are now clear/satisfied but I still have two defaults showing on credit report.

I was paying the DMC every month and they were paying my creditors. The reason I have two defaults on my account is that they changed the payment amount to MBNA and didn't notify them on time so I now have defaults on file. I will add, that these debts all started a decade ago but the defaults were only raised in the last 4-5 years.

I have tried to get answers but the DMC I was using has been bought by another company and MBNA sold the debt on to another company. All parties are denying any responsibility and they all claim they can't remove the default.

What I want to know is if it is possible to get te defaults removed or am I stuck with them for another year or two?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When did you enter a DMP?

That in itself is a default. It shouldn't really be dated later than the DMP was agreed but if you were not meeting your contractual obligations before this, it could be earlier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure