Warning about Bedford Insurance are back

Options
kayman
kayman Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 5 October 2015 at 12:00PM in Insurance & life assurance
A quick warning about BEDFORD INSURANCE - incorporating
Motorquotedirect, vanquotedirect, Homequotedirect, Bikequotedirect all the same Company

I used the insurance supermatket search for car insurance and yes The cheapest quote was from Bedford Insurance, 10 days later i called to cancel my policy as i sold the car the operator was not happy and he said you need to email us, so i did and i got a automated respond that the company received my email, a week later the insurance still not canceled so i called again and i was told NO you need to Write to us so i did, a week later the insurance is still not canceled so i called then they told me we haven't received a confirmation from you to cancel email us again so i did... you got the picture by now they are delaying the cancelation so they can increase the cancelation fee AND KEEP ON CHARGING wish i remind you is £90 NOT £15 THAT NIG are charging
The charges BDFORD INSURANCE /MOTAQUOTA charge is

Admin charge for new policy upto £90.00
Renewal Admin upto 35% of premium
Cancellation of policy 25% of refund.
Duplicate documents £21.50

THE POLICY STILL NOT CANCELLED YET:eek:

TO ANY ONE READING THIS THREAD JUST DO NOT GET INVOLVE WITH THIS COMPANY

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Send them a well worded, polite but concise letter marked "Official Complaint". They're duty bound to properly investigate the matter and report back to you.

If you're still not happy after that you can then go to the Ombudsman
  • Nolan1066
    Options
    I've heard the service is poor and also they now use 3rd parties to work on their behalf. One of these companies is also an ambulance chasing organisation so in the event you have an accident be prepared to be hounded.
  • Apologies for the delay in responding - we have contacted the OP directly with a view to resolving this situation with them in a fair and adequate manner.

The fee's outlined are incorrect and are detailed clearly on our terms of business - and can be found on our website.

We did experience some IT issues regarding incoming & outgoing emails at the time which may explain the problems experienced however we have now resolved these.

We would not "delay" the cancellation of any policy.

We look forward to hearing from the OP
    Best Wishes
    Bedford Insurance
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

The fee's outlined are incorrect and are detailed clearly on our terms of business - and can be found on our website.

The fees they refer to are largely correct according to your website.

New Policies and / or Renewals You will be advised of any charges prior to inception.

Alterations / Adjustments £60 + 20% of any additional or refunded premium
    Duplicate d
    ocuments £21.50

Direct Debit Reset-up Charge £25.00

Cancellation of Policy £90.00

Copy of voice recording £10.00

Non-Receipt of Requested Documents after 14 days £25.00

http://www.bedfordinsurance.co.uk/Terms.pdf
  • macloid
    Options
    I moved from a farm to another farm ....from Dt10 to Dt9 ?( middle of nowhere) . I have been charged 250 + Apr = 300 ....Avoid this company at all !!!!
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    that's why it's important to check the T+C to ensure you are happy with any extra charges
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    The fees they refer to are largely correct according to your website.

New Policies and / or Renewals You will be advised of any charges prior to inception.

Alterations / Adjustments £60 + 20% of any additional or refunded premium
    Duplicate d
    ocuments £21.50

Direct Debit Reset-up Charge £25.00

Cancellation of Policy £90.00

Copy of voice recording £10.00

Non-Receipt of Requested Documents after 14 days £25.00

http://www.bedfordinsurance.co.uk/Terms.pdf

WOW... Since 2015 their costs have changed slightly..

Alterations / Adjustments £150 + 20% of any additional or refunded premium.

One to avoid I think, I nearly choked when i read that. £60 + 20% was bad but....
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Aliharm
    Options
    Absolute shower.
    I had to threaten to go to a non fault company. Just to get someone to deal with me
    13 hours after initial contact.
    i Was advised to let them deal with hire vehicle. And let the underwriter deal with the rest.
    Meaning I would have to claim off my own insurance.
    To set the seen. My van was hit by a drunk driver. While I was in bed.
    The drunk driver was arrested at the scene.
    Eye witnesses. Cctv footage and a breathaliser reading that left the atmosphere.
    Now why would I be advised to claim off my own insurance.
    Simply so I would use their car hire firm
    .3 days later I still have no replacement.
    They told a pack of lies to the underwriter.
    This company should not be trading.
    They are bandits.
  • kpb001
    Options
    Do not give any information to this company if you value your privacy. They are a scam for getting personal information to sell to whoever will pay them for it. Their terms and conditions state that they are allowed to sell your personal information to anybody and they will do. They claim I obtained a quote from them for car insurance, I do not remember doing so but may have done, they then sold my name, address, email address and contact details to a data handling company. This company then sold it on to the PPI claim cowboys and dodgy credit card providers. They then start writing to you, calling you, emailing you at all times of the day and night. When I tried to get Bedford insurance to prove I had given them my permission to do this they had conveniently archived the data and couldn't retrieve it. They'd obviously made their money by selling it and then didn't have a need for it any more.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    you get what you pay for
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport