Options
123457»

Comments

• Flyonthewall
    Flyonthewall Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    catalina66 wrote: »
    Absolutely; I don't believe in sharing worries or nerves either, for the very reason you said. Was just having to say something as there was an inference I was being unreasonable.

I wouldn't say unreasonable. It seems you're overthinking things but, as said before, you know your situation and we don't. It's not something you need to explain or defend.
    It's the buyer's decision if they want to buy, and how they transport it. I don't think I need to feel sorry for them about that, as I'm not forcing anyone to buy it. Not even listed now. But, yes, when people really want something, they'll transport it in very novel ways, lol.

Indeed. My point was simply that the buyer may have worries too, varying from not knowing who they're dealing with to just managing to get it home. How they get it home is not something you need to worry about, but they're probably thinking about that, not anything bad that would affect you.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Can never have too many photos for something of that value. It could be that there were a couple of things they wanted to see a close-up shot of or something.

I've looked at listings before that have had loads of photos, but what I've wanted to see has been a close up of how something fastens together or a model number or something quite small that maybe not everyone would care about and they've managed to take photos of everything except that one thing.
    catalina66 wrote: »
    I'd have gladly provided an extra photo if they'd asked, and saved them a journey, lol. ;)
    What they're interested in may be something that you can't see in a photo.
    We've bought second hand babies' buggies before and I've never liked doing that on eBay as you can't really tell what one is like until you push it.
    If they're new to this they might want to feel what an x kilo weight feels like in their hands to see if that's the right one for them.
    They might, tieing in with another part of the thread, want to make sure it would fit in their car. It's often easier to judge that when you see something rather than from photos and measurements.
    Or they might want to see how big a room they think it would need at home and whether it would fit where they want to put it. Again, much easier to see if you're there in person.

So something to note is that if someone wants to come and see it you need to be clear that it is currently dismantled ready for collection and you will / will not (up to you) be prepared to put it together for them to try / have a look at.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure