Accidently order too many tickets online

Ive accidently ordered too many sarah millican tickets online. I thought I only had the required 2 in my basket but on checkout I was charged for 4 and realised this was because I had a second browser window open, it combined both and charged me for all 4.

Ive emailed the venue to explain my error and to request a cancellation of 2 of the tickets. Do I have a right under the 14 days consumer rights regulations to request to cancel the transaction? or is my best bet to try and ebay the unwanted tickets nearer the time?

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ambassador
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"][email protected][/EMAIL].

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ board to the ‘Theatre, Concert & Events’ board, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • In my view you should be able to cancel them provided that you contacted them right after the event. I'm looking forward to reading the continuation of that store. Let me know!
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi OP,

As per your contract, tickets usually do not come under the rules for distance selling.

You need to check the contract, but I'm pretty much certain that it does not apply in these circumstances - there are other threads on the boards which are for the same thing.

You can resell them on, usually through getmein, stubhub, seatwave, viagogo as well as ebay and the usual routes.
  • You'll probably find that you're not entitled to a refund under the ticket agent's T&Cs.

However, if the show is sold out then you might find they'll be willing to refund anyway. I've managed to get refunds on gig tickets once or twice.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,889
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Just for info- ebay don't allow the sale of tickets anymore- you have to use their associated site stubhub.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure