Joint property query

My partner ( we do not live together, nor are we in a civil partnership) has generously offered to pay off my mortgage. I would like to give him a proportionate share in the property ( my main home). Does anyone know the best way to go about this, and if there are tax implications for either party?

I'd be so grateful for any advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 601K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards