job offer- starts in a month, do i 'sign off' now?

Options
Does JSA still get paid until i start work, or would jobcentre expect me to still sign on / 'look for work', until then?

Also, not sure if there is a carry on for housing benefit, to allow for people to get their first months pay..?
breathe in, breathe out- You're alive! Everything else is a bonus, right? RIGHT??

Comments

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    If you sign off now the JSA will stop immediately. You need to keep looking for jobs going to interviews right up until the job starts to continue getting JSA.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • skintpaul
    skintpaul Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    breathe in, breathe out- You're alive! Everything else is a bonus, right? RIGHT??
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    Your next signing may be when you 'sign off' too, as say your next signing day was on Tuesday (13th) and you start work on 26th, the 13th would be your last signing as you are allowed to sign off 13 days in advance ie if it falls before another fortnightly signing falls due. You'll still be paid until the day before you start work.

If you've been in receipt of JSA for over 26 weeks, you'll be entitled to 4 weeks extended payment of Housing Benefit/LHA.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure