Here we go again.... All change!!

Options
I woke up this morning and thought why oh why have I got myself into this mess, I mean when I worked full time, had no responsibilities what on earth did I spend my money on.. I now work part time have 2 kiddies and debt! Stupid spending behaviours habits and out of control eating has contributed to a ridiculous shambles of a bank balance. Lightbulb moment when I thought enough is enough... All change for this journey.

Having become lazy, obese and well a spendaholic, I long for a savings account, I long for control and it's time to be honest with myself and really focus on all the things which make me anxious, let down and just generally miserable! Starting this diary is hopefully going to get my back side into gear and move forward!!!!

Over next couple of days it's about organisation and setting plans and challenges, everything from food shopping to coffees/drinks out to using the car! It's about digging out those things which will make great tools for change but have been buried at the back and beyond of a very unorganised home!

I hope a few of u join me on this conquest and I hope u can be honest with me if I need a kick up the backside!!! Here's to all change!
Desperate to save and clear debt
New start, new control, new aims
Even getting my head around the technology

Comments

• xxxJOJOxxx
    Options
    Hi Desperate2Save

Good luck on your Journey. I too wonder where all my money went when I was young, no responsibilities and working full time! But hey its never too late.

I'll keep popping in to see how your doing.
    Debt Free Since 05/09/2015
    Breath out the past, breath in the future Big Dreams Start Small
  • desperate2save
    Options
    Thank you jojo glad it's not just me who thinks about it! Hope your having a good weekend! Xxx

• desperate2save
    Options
    So have been a little awol since the first post but only because I am preparing, preparing not to fail! Just a quick post as am falling asleep but will update in more detail when I have a cuppa in one hand and a bit of time!

I have listed 2 items today on eb&y but I have a limit of 5 items I can list, is it because I am new?

Xxx

• Turningacorner_2
    Options
    Hello, I just wanted to say a quick hi and wish you luck. We sound quite similar, I also have no idea what I spent my money on, now on much lower pay and realised money is not in the least bit high on my priorities. However I now have debts and wish I did have the money just to pay off those. I'm sick of having no savings and having far too much stuff, which drains my time and energy I could spend on my family. Enough is enough and I'm with you!
    less is more :)
    Debt free goal: £158.27/£5647.13, savings goal, £0/£1000, nest egg goal: £100/£5000
    Weight loss 18lb/33lb - de-cluttered items 0
  • ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi there desperate2save :hello:

Welcome to the boards. I know that feeling 'how on earth did i get in this mess?' Wanting to sort it out is the first step so well done for that. :)

Your plans sound great. Have you tried doing a SOA? That might help with getting a handle on the full picture to see what you can afford to pay back and when, also good for helping cut down expenses.

Best of luck, hope to see you around.

AFx
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • desperate2save
    desperate2save Posts: 65 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2015 at 9:57AM
    Options
    Hello, I just wanted to say a quick hi and wish you luck. We sound quite similar, I also have no idea what I spent my money on, now on much lower pay and realised money is not in the least bit high on my priorities. However I now have debts and wish I did have the money just to pay off those. I'm sick of having no savings and having far too much stuff, which drains my time and energy I could spend on my family. Enough is enough and I'm with you!

Oh wow is your house filed to the brim and really brings you down and sucks all your energy out of you and you actually feel better when you are out of the house? I'm so glad it's not just me, let's stick together! I can't carry on with the burden of debt and clutter oh and being over weight! Here's to us. Thank you for your good luck wishes xx

• desperate2save
    Options
    ani*fan wrote: »
    Hi there desperate2save :hello:

Welcome to the boards. I know that feeling 'how on earth did i get in this mess?' Wanting to sort it out is the first step so well done for that. :)

Your plans sound great. Have you tried doing a SOA? That might help with getting a handle on the full picture to see what you can afford to pay back and when, also good for helping cut down expenses.

Best of luck, hope to see you around.

AFx

Hello and thank you so much. So glad I'm not alone, I'm in process of soa but it's quiet complicated well maybe I'm complicating it, I'm going to update later on or when I have time to sit down and write all what I've done, all what I want to do and my overall goals! I need to have it written down on here in order as hopefully I will be able to really transform my life, my home and my healthy wellbeing! Thank you xx

• desperate2save
    Options
    So it's been a while since I last posted but the truth is I have bee feeling really down, my fibromyalgia has flared up and everything has just taken its toll on me. I have well and truly had enough of feeling how I am feeling and that's out of control. So after a barny with OH I decided it's time to change, time to sort this mess out!

My total debt is just under £5000, debt management plan in place but needs couple of things adding to it. I need to contact the charity. I cancelled a direct debit today and I have an insurance to get cheaper. Will do that over next couple of days. Also I need to find out....

If I have 'pawned' jewellery but am struggling to get it back but don't want to loose it - is there anything I can do?

I have made and printed some charts off to add to, update and really take control. I am going to spend £5 on some stationary, not very money saving but I want to do this properly and I work well with good old fashioned pen and paper.

Now to tackle the budget!! X

• desperate2save
    Options
    so here I go again, yet again starting again! I am so ashamed of myself I truly am, I do nothing but fail, nothing but let myself down which in turn will let my children's future down. I am sick and tired of being in this place of mentally wanting to start, mentally knowing what I need to do and what I want to achieve and then after starting so well getting side tracked and voila back to square one! Wow very negative on my behalf and totally providing the facts.......... IM A FAILURE!!!!!!!

Do I want to continue like this... No I don't! Am I fed up of feeling so down.... Yes! Am I fed up of being negative.... Yes! Am I fed up about worrying, feeling anxious, concerned? Yes!!! So what do I need to do....... CHANGE!!

• heyjude2013
    Options
    Please don't say that! You are not a failure!

We all have tough times, and we've all had knock backs but it's how you deal with them that counts!

Focus on what you can do to change and make yourself feel better. Not the negatives!

Chin up! You CAN do this

J x
    Getting myself back on track! Pay off debt and save deposit time!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure