DLA to PIP

Can anyone help me as I'm not sure of the process.

I currently receive DLA lower rate care, I have arthritis and my condition has got a lot worse recently, I have both my elbows replaced and now I'm loosing the use in my right shoulder do to having no cartilage and my left is not very good, as I have such diddy arms and the cement goes far up my arm from my elbow replacement and a shoulder replacement would be very difficult for them to do, so for the moment they have just done a Arthroscopic acromioplasty.

I feel my care needs have increased compared to when I applied for DLA. What happens when I apply as they have not done the change to PIP yet where I live.

Thank you for any help :)
Barclaycard 0

Savings £225 :)

Comments

• rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    I currently receive DLA lower rate care, I have arthritis and my condition has got a lot worse recently, I have both my elbows replaced and now I'm loosing the use in my right shoulder do to having no cartilage and my left is not very good, as I have such diddy arms and the cement goes far up my arm from my elbow replacement and a shoulder replacement would be very difficult for them to do, so for the moment they have just done a Arthroscopic acromioplasty.

I feel my care needs have increased compared to when I applied for DLA. What happens when I apply as they have not done the change to PIP yet where I live.

Thank you for any help :)

When you notify them, it will change you over to PIP.

(assuming you are under 65 and over 16).

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/personal-independence-payment/the-personal-independence-payment-pip-assessment/personal-independence-payment-pip-activities-descriptors-and-points/

Most importantly, you must be able to do every task:
    • safely
    • to an acceptable standard
    • repeatedly
    • in under twice the time it would take a normal person
    • on more than half the days
    So, for example, if you can shower, but doing so takes you three times as long, it might qualify.
  • Thank you that information helps, do you know if my DLA payments stop straight away and how long it would be if I was eligible for pip to start
    Barclaycard 0

• BlueEyedGirl
    BlueEyedGirl Posts: 1,753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! I've been Money Tipped!
    Thank you that information helps, do you know if my DLA payments stop straight away and how long it would be if I was eligible for pip to start

The DLA payments will continue, until you have been assessed for PIP and a decision has been made.
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    The DLA payments will continue, until you have been assessed for PIP and a decision has been made.

And for at least four weeks after if you are found to be not eligible for PIP.
  • Thank you all for your help :) x
    Barclaycard 0

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills