MPAN de-energised with Scottish Power

Options
Hi everyone

I have problem with Scotish Power since I moved into my new property in May 2014.

Problems started from day 1. They could not find my property on database. Then found. Then could not do DD payments. After several months did. But never send me the bill for almost 1.5 years even I registered this problem more than 1 year ago. At the moment I have almost £800 credit.

Now I want to switch to iSupply energy company because it's cheaper but they informed that my address on database is de-energised. So I can not switch until Scotish Power will activate MPAN. In fact I can't switch to any other energy company because of the same reason.

I have sent many emails, registered complains but keep getting email with apology for the pats year or so.

Who can help me or suggest what to do? Would you recommend to contact citizens advise? Or would you recomend contact Ombudsman Services?

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• naedanger
    naedanger Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    chomdeiv wrote: »
    Or would you recomend contact Ombudsman Services?

I would recommend you go to Ombudsman Services, provided it has been at least 8 weeks since you first formally complained, otherwise you need to give SP this length of time to resolve matters before going to the Ombudsman.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chomdeiv wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I have problem with Scotish Power since I moved into my new property in May 2014.

Problems started from day 1. They could not find my property on database. Then found. Then could not do DD payments. After several months did. But never send me the bill for almost 1.5 years even I registered this problem more than 1 year ago. At the moment I have almost £800 credit.

Now I want to switch to iSupply energy company because it's cheaper but they informed that my address on database is de-energised. So I can not switch until Scotish Power will activate MPAN. In fact I can't switch to any other energy company because of the same reason.

I have sent many emails, registered complains but keep getting email with apology for the pats year or so.

Who can help me or suggest what to do? Would you recommend to contact citizens advise? Or would you recomend contact Ombudsman Services?

Any help much appreciated

Well, 2 possibilities here.

1. As these issues arose from day1, and the property is deenergised, what are you paying any energy prices for?

or

2. A simple mistake has occurred, and the database was incorrectly marked as deenergised, when in fact it was not.
    So the supplier will need to correct the simple error they made, which will allow you to then switch supplier.

Has the supplier done this? If not, follow their complaint procedure to get it corrected. They will have up to 8 weeks to correct the error. If the matter is preventing you from switching, then request a goodwill payment (maybe £50?) because of their error, which will more than compensate you for any slight delay in switching to iSupply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure